HStM CE School
St Mary's Centre
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 13th June 2016 6:00pm
Do you have sons, daughters, relatives or friends currently studying at Uni? You may wish to draw the following to their attention.
Police are warning of a new phishing scam that has hit students of UK universities claiming that the student has been awarded an educational grant by the Department for Education. The email purports to have come from the finance department of the student's university and tricks the recipient into clicking on a link contained in the message to provide personal and banking details.
One victim reported that after submitting their sensitive information (including name, address, date of birth, contact details, telephone provider, bank account details, student ID, National Insurance Number, driving licence number and mother's maiden name), they were taken to a spoofed website which appeared like a genuine website of their bank, where they were asked to type in their online banking login credentials.
- Do not click on any links or open attachments contained within unsolicited emails.
- Do not reply to scam emails or contact the senders in any way.
- If an email appears to have come from a person or organisation you know of but the message is unexpected or unusual, contact them directly via another method to confirm that they sent you the email.
- If you receive an email which asks you to login to an online account via a link provided in the email, instead of clicking on the link, open your browser and go directly to the company's website yourself.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
If you think you may have compromised the safety of your bank details and/or have lost money due to fraudulent misuse of your cards, you should immediately contact your bank, and report it to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040, or visiting the ActionFraud website.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Thames Valley Police tell us that a 23-year-old man has been charged with attempted robbery and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with an incident in Haddenham last year.Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on Tuesday (17th October) and has been bailed to appear at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court on 16th November.The charge is in connection with an incident at...
The folk at St Mary's Church are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2017 is underway. Last year's festival was a great success and they are very keen to welcome as many people to see the displays again this year — so they need support from the local community to help create a wonderful spectacle! If you would like to display a Christmas tree...
To all Haddenham Youth and Community Centre Hirers,We are writing to express our sincere regret at the breakdown in communication that has resulted in misunderstandings and frustration at the lack of parking at the Youth and Community Centre.To explain the background, as you will no doubt know the school playground was resurfaced over the summer holidays. The school is delighted that this was...