By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary Club is hosting another of its impressive 'Young Photographer Competitions',Run with support from Paul Wilkinson Photography.The subject theme for 2018 is "CONTRASTS" (for all age groups)The competition offers a Prize Total of £300Entries must be delivered by noon on Saturday 14th April 2018 to any one of following three receiving...
Haddenham Parish Council has issued an advanced warning that clearance work will be in progress along Green Lane bridleway (running from Churchway, opposite the post office) for two weeks from Monday 19th February.Walkers are advised to take care. Clearance of the undergrowth is taking place before the nesting season. This is in preparation for the making of a tarmac path (which will be 2...
Recently moved to Haddenham? You are warmly invited to a 'Welcome Evening' for new (and newish) residents to Haddenham, with wine and nibbles.When?Tuesday 20th Feb 2018, 7.30 — 9.00pmWhere?At the Haddenham Youth and Community Centre (Woodways, HP17 8DS, attached to the Junior School).Hosted by Churches Together in Haddenham (CTIH),If you can, please let us know if you're...