From Banks Park
Nether Winchendon HP18 0DY
Youth & Community Centre
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In 2014, Robyn Thorogood of Towersey Morris and Jim Turnbull met on the Taste Transylvania stand at Towersey Festival and the idea of a tour was first hatched. Nothing much happened until Towersey Morris performed in front of the Taste Transylvania stand at the 2016 Festival and were offered traditional hospitality — a shot of palinca, in this case home distilled elderflower brandy. By the time a...
As we move towards the Autumn, the medical authorities are offering flu vaccinations once again. These are free of charge to anyone qualifiying according to one of the following criteria: * 65 and overs and the flu jab You are eligible for the flu vaccine this year (2017-18) if you will be aged 65 and over on March 31 2018 — that is, you were born on or before March 31 1953. So, if you are...
Looking for a family event to enjoy this coming weekend? Then why not pop along to our neighbouring village of Dinton where they will be holding a traditional fete on Sunday 27th August, from 1.30pm until 4.30pm. Attractions include: Live music Food and bar Lancaster Fly Past (weather permitting) The brilliant Award Winning Colonel Custard Bletchington Silver Band Traditional games and...