Haddenham Garden Centre
St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As notified previously, Thames Water will shortly be digging up parts of Station Road to lay new pipes. The work was meant to have started this Friday (17th November) but will now commence on Mon 4th December.Disruption will last into March 2018. Featured is the latest information sent via letter to local households (click on the image to view an enlarged version). If you have queries or...
Following the attempted robbery at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, Haddenham last year, Mr Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on 17th October and appeared at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court this morning, Thursday 16th November.At the Magistrates' hearing, Mr Dewing indicated his intension to plead 'Not Guilty' to Robbery but 'Guilty' to being in...
The total raised has now been calculated: Jane and Steve Gollins' fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm last week achieved the grand sum of £12,500 for Macmillan Cancer Care! On Tuesday afternoon 14th November Jane was joined by Bradmoor colleagues Annia, Abby and Ella to present the cheque to Macmillan's Regional Fundraising Manager, Paresh Nar. Jane paid tribute to all those...