Turn End Garden
St Mary's Centre
Haddenham Tennis Club
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
According to local police, there have been a few thefts from motor vehicles in Haddenham and surrounding areas over the last week or two. No specific modus operandi has been adopted — entry has been forced on some vehicles but also insecure vehicles have been targeted. Residents are asked to report anything suspicious in the village. Tel: 101 Mob: 07973 210068Also, to ensure that no...
As regular visitors to the Haddenham.net Facebook page will be aware, the parish council recently invited local residents to suggest road names for the new Dandara (Glebe/Aston Road) development .Suggestions came thick and fast, and included names based on such local links as:Former VicarsChurch SeasonsPeasant family names from 1820...
Haddenham teenager Kyle Eldridge looks set for a promising musical career.He features on drums in local band Flat Lager — recently described as "fresh new groove grunge rock with funky/alt danceable tunes".(Editor's note: hopefully some of our readers know what that means!)The band's line-up: Kyle Eldridge (drums) from Haddenham, Owen Peach (vocals/lead guitar) from...