St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most residents of village will know, the Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas. Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre — if only in disbelief!Most importantly the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of...
Kia's dog walking fundraiser for Restless DevelopmentDo you have a four-legged friend? Don't fancy walking them in the cold, gloomy Winter mornings? Are you passionate about giving back? Then look no further...What is 'Restless Development'?Restless Development is a youth-led charity that works in Africa, Asia, UK and USA supporting and educating young people in areas...
AssaultPolice are appealing for any witnesses or information in relation to an assault that took place on Sunday 14th January 2018 on SHEERSTOCK, at approximately 17:30hrs.At that approximate time a resident of Sheerstock left his address and was confronted by 3 persons who had their faces covered. The victim was assaulted by them, leaving him with minor injuries that needed hospital...