Junior School MUGA
From village hall
5 Potash Close HP17 8JY
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Parish Council would like to improve the children's play facilities at the Banks Park and Sheerstock play areas, and have asked the professional play equipment suppliers to provide their ideas in terms of creativity, safety and inclusion. HPC has also put together an informal play survey to see what local...
We are picking up reports that an office break-in occurred in Haddenham last evening, Tuesday 20th June. Apparently there was a forced entry into Waterslade House, which is located behind the more familiar Rectory House on Thame Road. We are unaware of the details of any losses at present. Needless to say, police have been...
The Haddenham Junior Cricket Tournament was another great success this year. In a contrast to previous years, the sun was blazing all day and the only umbrellas to be seen were being used as parasols! Teams from local clubs Dinton, Aston Rowant, Bledlow Village, Horspath and Wendover came with their coaches and supporters, with many dads giving up a big chunk of Father's Day to watch the...