St Mary's Centre
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Walter Rose Room
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Saturday 21st October, a large group of Haddenham residents braved the gathering winds of 'Storm Brian' to mark the official opening of the Townsend Community Orchard.The project was initiated in 2014, when a portion of the Farrar Bell field was given to the Parish Council by Rectory Homes, following a planning refusal for additional home building. A consensus among the villagers ...
Thames Valley Police tell us that a 23-year-old man has been charged with attempted robbery and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with an incident in Haddenham last year.Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on Tuesday (17th October) and has been bailed to appear at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court on 16th November.The charge is in connection with an incident at...
The folk at St Mary's Church are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2017 is underway. Last year's festival was a great success and they are very keen to welcome as many people to see the displays again this year — so they need support from the local community to help create a wonderful spectacle! If you would like to display a Christmas tree...