Gardens of Tythrop House
NB: St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Horticultural Society will be hosting its Annual Open Show in the Village Hall on Saturday 1st September. Public Viewing is from 2.00pm until 4.00pm, followed by presentation of trophies and raffle draw. Admission: 50p senior citizens and children; £1.00p others. The Show offers a wide range of classes for vegetables, fruit, flowers, cacti and succulents, floral art, domestic...
Do you use the library in Aylesbury from time to time? From Thursday 9th August it will be closing to undergoing a major refurbishment.The Aylesbury Library building on Walton Street is being gutted and completely refurbished, bringing the reference library and lending library under the same roof, also introducing a number of new and modern facilities fit for the 21st Century. The library...
Some home security tips, offered by Thames Valley Police.It's that time of year when many of us will be heading off on holiday.Holiday periods increase the chances for opportunist burglars, so before you go please read these tips for keeping your home secure while your away:Check that you've double locked all your doors and windows and put keys away. If you have an alarm...