By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Village residents Charlie Evans and Julie Hill have recently been given a long service award in recognition for 20 years as foster careers.Julie's family, her children Nicola and Gareth and I (Helen), would like to tell them how incredibly proud we are of them and how we enjoy being a very small part of this wonderful career.We estimate that they have had in the region of 60-70 babies...
As most residents of village will know, the Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas. Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre — if only in disbelief!Most importantly the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of...
Kia's dog walking fundraiser for Restless DevelopmentDo you have a four-legged friend? Don't fancy walking them in the cold, gloomy Winter mornings? Are you passionate about giving back? Then look no further...What is 'Restless Development'?Restless Development is a youth-led charity that works in Africa, Asia, UK and USA supporting and educating young people in areas...