Playing Fields Pavilion, Woodways
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A Summer event date for your diary: Haddenham & District Age Concern (HADAC) will be hosting another of its popular Open Gardens and Allotments fundraising afternoon on Sunday 25th June, from 2.00pm to 6.00pm. This fine community event offers a great collection of eight lovely gardens, with both large and small and traditional and modern represented. Two new gardens are listed this year and...
Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity's annual Midnight Walk has moved to the end of June for 2017, kicking off at midnight on Saturday 24th June at Aylesbury College. The Midnight Walk is the Charity's largest fundraiser, which raised around £46,000 last year for the Hospice. The event sees hundreds of women dressed in pink T-shirts and day-glo accessories take on the challenge of...
Did you miss the veteran car display on Sunday 23rd April, hosted by the Infant School PTA on the Junior School playground? The event represented a 'resting point' during a tour of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, organised by the Veteran Car Company. Their sojourn in Haddenham provided a chance to look at some very mature pieces of machinery: single cylinder cars made before...