From village hall
5 Potash Close HP17 8JY
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Parish Council would like to improve the children's play facilities at the Banks Park and Sheerstock play areas, and have asked the professional play equipment suppliers to provide their ideas in terms of creativity, safety and inclusion. HPC has also put together an informal play survey to see what local...
We are picking up reports that an office break-in occurred in Haddenham last evening, Tuesday 20th June. Apparently there was a forced entry into Waterslade House, which is located behind the more familiar Rectory House on Thame Road. We are unaware of the details of any losses at present. Needless to say, police have been...
The Haddenham Junior Cricket Tournament was another great success this year. In a contrast to previous years, the sun was blazing all day and the only umbrellas to be seen were being used as parasols! Teams from local clubs Dinton, Aston Rowant, Bledlow Village, Horspath and Wendover came with their coaches and supporters, with many dads giving up a big chunk of Father's Day to watch the...