Walter Rose Room, VH
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
An enthralled and packed house at Haddenham Community Library celebrated Shakespeare's birthday on Tuesday morning 24th April, at 'Brunch with Bruce'.Local actor and historian Bruce Alexander was joined by Sophie Franklin to read, or rather perform, excerpts from works by Shakespeare. In celebration of 100 years of female franchise, there was an appropriate theme of fathers and...
Haddenham Horticultural Society is hosting its Spring Show and Plant Sale on Saturday 28th April in the village hall.Admission is free.In addition to the wide range of plants for sale, there are other stalls selling cakes, savoury items and preserves; books and jigsaws; as well as a "white elephant" stall. Why not come along and pick up a few bargains! Donations of items for the...
Lands Improvement has sold a retail parcel on the Haddenham Airfield to Henry Davidson DevelopmentsHenry Davidson Developments (HDD) plans to develop the site to provide a Co-Op convenience store, a Bright Horizons children's day nursery, and 17 two-bedroom apartments, subject to planning consent.The site acquired by HDD forms part of a wider 158-acre (64-hectare) mixed-use...