Haddenham Tennis Club
To be advised
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Another great day for the Haddenham Youth Football Club U9s in the Chinnor Tournament at the weekend meant further additions to the boys' medals tally. HYFC were represented in the Colts and the Rangers categories and both teams were fantastic in every match to reach their respective finals.Unfortunately, despite taking an early lead, the HYFC Colts team lost 2-to-1 in their final against...
In March we reported serious concerns over the lack of any meaningful public consultation over possible routes for the proposed Oxford to Cambridge Expressway — see here.On behalf of the Haddenham Village Society, Chairman Sir Roderick Floud wrote to various senior political figures to object to this lack of input from...
Haddenham Summerfest is only three weeks away (Saturday 7th July) and the Trust is asking for your support once again to help make the event its usual fantastic success.The main focus is on finding help with serving the Ales, Craft Beer, Lager, Cider, Pimms and soft drinks. Changes will also be implemented to the Pimms preparation process to reduce the considerable effort on the day. As last...