115 Stanbridge Road
Haddenham Garden Centre
From Banks Park
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
One of the primary concerns voiced by local residents in relation to the growth in Haddenham is how the infrastructure will cope with a rapid rise in the village population and the extra vehicles that will be associated with 1,000 new homes. "Infrastructure before Development" defines the ideal scenario, of course. Sadly, in the long-established and constrained village structure...
One of the most commonly voiced concerns over the scale of new house construction in Haddenham is our constrained road infrastructure and the pressure that will be brought to bear by all the additional vehicles that residents of new homes will bring. The large development planned for the Aston Road/Glebe site will create 280 new homes and add up to 560 vehicles to Haddenham's roads. An...
The Turn End Trust is presenting a unique film for its first public showing on Thursday evening 31st August, at the Youth & Community Centre. Filmed through all four seasons, Turn End captures how architect Peter Aldington masterly designed the houses and garden as one, making the garden a natural extension to the house. It goes right to the heart of the controversy of what is desirable housing...