St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 1st November 2012 1:01am
An Information Fair is taking place in the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing exhibits and expert advice on FREE local services for older people. The doors open at 1.30pm.
Come and speak directly with people who provide a huge range of services supporting older people locally. No need to book. Go to whichever stands you are interested in. Stay as long as you like.
Free tea and cakes!
The organisations that will be represented at the fair include:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
More details from Lynne Maddocks. Tel: 01296 585364
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most residents of village will know, the Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas. Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre — if only in disbelief!Most importantly the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of...
Kia's dog walking fundraiser for Restless DevelopmentDo you have a four-legged friend? Don't fancy walking them in the cold, gloomy Winter mornings? Are you passionate about giving back? Then look no further...What is 'Restless Development'?Restless Development is a youth-led charity that works in Africa, Asia, UK and USA supporting and educating young people in areas...
AssaultPolice are appealing for any witnesses or information in relation to an assault that took place on Sunday 14th January 2018 on SHEERSTOCK, at approximately 17:30hrs.At that approximate time a resident of Sheerstock left his address and was confronted by 3 persons who had their faces covered. The victim was assaulted by them, leaving him with minor injuries that needed hospital...