Playing Fields Pavilion, Woodways
By Cynthia Floud - 3rd May 2013 11:00am
A number of delightful gardens in Haddenham will be open for the village fete, on Saturday 8th June
- 16 Church End (Angela and David Truesdale)
- 9 Church End (Margaret Walshe)
- 5 Flint Street (Ros Welch)
- 15 Flint Street (Cynthia and Roderick Floud)
- Manor Farm, Church End (Lizzie and David Banister)
and NEW this year:
- The Granary, Manor Farm (Carolyn and David Hollick)
- and 14 Church End (Zoe and Brian Bowman) — where there will be tea, cakes and an art exhibition
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A Summer event date for your diary: Haddenham & District Age Concern (HADAC) will be hosting another of its popular Open Gardens and Allotments fundraising afternoon on Sunday 25th June, from 2.00pm to 6.00pm. This fine community event offers a great collection of eight lovely gardens, with both large and small and traditional and modern represented. Two new gardens are listed this year and...
Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity's annual Midnight Walk has moved to the end of June for 2017, kicking off at midnight on Saturday 24th June at Aylesbury College. The Midnight Walk is the Charity's largest fundraiser, which raised around £46,000 last year for the Hospice. The event sees hundreds of women dressed in pink T-shirts and day-glo accessories take on the challenge of...
Did you miss the veteran car display on Sunday 23rd April, hosted by the Infant School PTA on the Junior School playground? The event represented a 'resting point' during a tour of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, organised by the Veteran Car Company. Their sojourn in Haddenham provided a chance to look at some very mature pieces of machinery: single cylinder cars made before...