Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
Haddm St Mary's CE School
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2014 9:00pm
Our local electricity distribution company, UK Power Networks, has been notified of a severe weather warning from the Met Office with heavy rain, thunderstorms and lightning forecast to hit the East of England, South East of England and the London area tonight (Friday) and over Saturday 19th July.
Preparing for a power cut
Below is some advice on how householders can prepare for potential power cuts:
- Keep the UK Power Networks freephone number handy (0800 783 8866)
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches — local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won't work in the event of a power cut
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Exercise caution in localised flooded areas -specific advice is available on the Environment Agency website.
- Look out for elderly neighbours and other vulnerable people
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As notified previously, Thames Water will shortly be digging up parts of Station Road to lay new pipes. The work was meant to have started this Friday (17th November) but will now commence on Mon 4th December.Disruption will last into March 2018. Featured is the latest information sent via letter to local households (click on the image to view an enlarged version). If you have queries or...
Following the attempted robbery at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, Haddenham last year, Mr Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on 17th October and appeared at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court this morning, Thursday 16th November.At the Magistrates' hearing, Mr Dewing indicated his intension to plead 'Not Guilty' to Robbery but 'Guilty' to being in...
The total raised has now been calculated: Jane and Steve Gollins' fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm last week achieved the grand sum of £12,500 for Macmillan Cancer Care! On Tuesday afternoon 14th November Jane was joined by Bradmoor colleagues Annia, Abby and Ella to present the cheque to Macmillan's Regional Fundraising Manager, Paresh Nar. Jane paid tribute to all those...