Coach to Blenheim Palace
From Banks Park
Walter Rose Room
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2014 9:00pm
Our local electricity distribution company, UK Power Networks, has been notified of a severe weather warning from the Met Office with heavy rain, thunderstorms and lightning forecast to hit the East of England, South East of England and the London area tonight (Friday) and over Saturday 19th July.
Preparing for a power cut
Below is some advice on how householders can prepare for potential power cuts:
- Keep the UK Power Networks freephone number handy (0800 783 8866)
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches — local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won't work in the event of a power cut
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Exercise caution in localised flooded areas -specific advice is available on the Environment Agency website.
- Look out for elderly neighbours and other vulnerable people
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
St Mary's Church, Haddenham, is running another Alpha Course. They are offering the full 12-session course, starting on Saturday 23rd September, from 10am until 12noon.Held in St Mary's Centre, the course is free of charge, includes refreshments, and gives the opportunity to discuss and ask any questions about the Christian faith.To reserve places or for more information ring Graham...
Despite increasing financial constraints in the face of an ageing patient population, staff at Haddenham Medical Centre continue to look for ways of improving their service to the community. Very recently their efforts were recognised by two independent external organisations.The Haddenham Practice received a Gold Award from the LGBT Foundation, which recognises that its staff are committed...
A final version of the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan (VALP) has been published online today in advance of the VALP scrutiny meeting on Tuesday 26th September, starting at 6.30pm at the Gateway. Cabinet will consider the plan on Tuesday 10th October and Council on Wednesday 18th October, both at the same time and place.This is the final stage of consideration in the public arena and will be...