Haddenham Garden Centre
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As notified previously, Thames Water will shortly be digging up parts of Station Road to lay new pipes. The work was meant to have started this Friday (17th November) but will now commence on Mon 4th December.Disruption will last into March 2018. Featured is the latest information sent via letter to local households (click on the image to view an enlarged version). If you have queries or...
Following the attempted robbery at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, Haddenham last year, Mr Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on 17th October and appeared at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court this morning, Thursday 16th November.At the Magistrates' hearing, Mr Dewing indicated his intension to plead 'Not Guilty' to Robbery but 'Guilty' to being in...
The total raised has now been calculated: Jane and Steve Gollins' fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm last week achieved the grand sum of £12,500 for Macmillan Cancer Care! On Tuesday afternoon 14th November Jane was joined by Bradmoor colleagues Annia, Abby and Ella to present the cheque to Macmillan's Regional Fundraising Manager, Paresh Nar. Jane paid tribute to all those...