6 Potash Close
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
Haddenham Tennis Club
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Youth FC U12 (Year 7) had a very successful season last year, winning three end of season tournaments.They then followed it up in 2017/2018 by winning the Red League (1st Division) and came runners up in Yellow league (4th Division).All this with a small squad of only 21 players!This exceptional group of players is now looking to add more players to the squad for next season as...
On Wednesday 9th May, 27 volunteers of the Haddenham Community Library visited the British Library (BL) on a trip brilliantly organised by librarian Alison Gilbert. The outing was a great success. The group was received by BL staff and given a guided tour in two groups, each with an excellent guide. Most of the group had not visited before and were immensely impressed by the building's...
Saturday 9th June, 1.00pm — 4.30pm sees the return of the popular Haddenham Village Fete around Church End and Flint Street — a lovely whole community event, with fun and games for all generations.You can enjoy established favourites such as the Classic Cars Display at Manor Farm, Open Gardens around Church End and Flint Street, the Beer and Pimms Tent and the usual fabulous variety of stalls...