Walter Rose Room
Junior School MUGA
St Mary's Centre
Severalles Farm, Ilmer
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Haddenham Players are planning a very busy schedule in the next few months!Auditions: Friday 6th OctoberAuditions are being held by Haddenham Players for their production of 'The Vicar Of Dibley' — a stage play by Rebecca Taylor and Nina Gregory. You've seen the TV series Now you can become...*Geraldine*Hugo*David or any of the other wonderful characters! The...
St Mary's Church, Haddenham, is running another Alpha Course. They are offering the full 12-session course, starting on Saturday 23rd September, from 10am until 12noon.Held in St Mary's Centre, the course is free of charge, includes refreshments, and gives the opportunity to discuss and ask any questions about the Christian faith.To reserve places or for more information ring Graham...
Despite increasing financial constraints in the face of an ageing patient population, staff at Haddenham Medical Centre continue to look for ways of improving their service to the community. Very recently their efforts were recognised by two independent external organisations.The Haddenham Practice received a Gold Award from the LGBT Foundation, which recognises that its staff are committed...