NB: St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Hartwell Garden Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Robyn Thorogood, Volunteer Manager of Snakemoor, reports that grooming has been carried out at our local nature reserve in the last few days.Kevin (the village handyman) has cut the orchard and pond bank. Also, with his usual care and thoroughness, Michael Whitney has cut and removed the grass from the meadow using his tractor and Snakemoor attachments. Another good job...
We are delighted to announce that the Richborough Estates' appeal, challenging AVDCs refusal to provide planning permission for a development opposite Rosemary Lane, on the east side of Churchway, has been dismissed!This follows the hearing held in Aylesbury on 4th & 5th July 2018 and a site visit made on 5th July 2018 by A Jordan BA(Hons) MRTPI, an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of...
Haddenham Horticultural Society will be hosting its Annual Open Show in the Village Hall on Saturday 1st September. Public Viewing is from 2.00pm until 4.00pm, followed by presentation of trophies and raffle draw. Admission: 50p senior citizens and children; £1.00p others. The Show offers a wide range of classes for vegetables, fruit, flowers, cacti and succulents, floral art, domestic...