2 High Street
Snakemoor Nature Reserve
St Mary's Centre
Haddenham Tennis Courts
From Bradmoor Farm
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The highlight of Wednesday night's AGM of the Haddenham Village Hall Social Committee was the presentation of a case of wine to Sue Parkinson as a sincere token of thanks for her 25 years service as Secretary of the village hall.Sue took over the role from her mother-in-law, the legendary Mabel Parkinson, and managed to combine this work with bringing up her family and juggling another job...
The Haddenham Fish Scheme has been running in Haddenham for well over 40 yearsIt is a charity whose main aim is to provide transport for Haddenham residents in need.It is run by a team of volunteers (approximately 80 in number at present) who take people on trips to, for example, the medical centre, hospital and dentist appointments, the hairdressers, local shopping etc.The scheme carries...
Warmest congratulations to Steve Gregory and his team at Fitlife. On Tuesday evening, 22nd May, Fitlife won the 'best new business' category at the Bucks Business Awards.Says Steve: "We are super chuffed about it and would like to say 'thank you' to the people of Haddenham and surrounding areas for supporting the gym and for contributing towards our winning this...