St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most residents of village will know, the Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas. Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre — if only in disbelief!Most importantly the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of...
Kia's dog walking fundraiser for Restless DevelopmentDo you have a four-legged friend? Don't fancy walking them in the cold, gloomy Winter mornings? Are you passionate about giving back? Then look no further...What is 'Restless Development'?Restless Development is a youth-led charity that works in Africa, Asia, UK and USA supporting and educating young people in areas...
AssaultPolice are appealing for any witnesses or information in relation to an assault that took place on Sunday 14th January 2018 on SHEERSTOCK, at approximately 17:30hrs.At that approximate time a resident of Sheerstock left his address and was confronted by 3 persons who had their faces covered. The victim was assaulted by them, leaving him with minor injuries that needed hospital...