From village hall
5 Potash Close HP17 8JY
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Parish Council would like to improve the children's play facilities at the Banks Park and Sheerstock play areas, and have asked the professional play equipment suppliers to provide their ideas in terms of creativity, safety and inclusion. HPC has also put together an informal play survey to see what local...
We are picking up reports that an office break-in occurred in Haddenham last evening, Tuesday 20th June. Apparently there was a forced entry into Waterslade House, which is located behind the more familiar Rectory House on Thame Road. We are unaware of the details of any losses at present. Needless to say, police have been...
The Haddenham Junior Cricket Tournament was another great success this year. In a contrast to previous years, the sun was blazing all day and the only umbrellas to be seen were being used as parasols! Teams from local clubs Dinton, Aston Rowant, Bledlow Village, Horspath and Wendover came with their coaches and supporters, with many dads giving up a big chunk of Father's Day to watch the...