Playing Fields Pavilion, Woodways
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A Summer event date for your diary: Haddenham & District Age Concern (HADAC) will be hosting another of its popular Open Gardens and Allotments fundraising afternoon on Sunday 25th June, from 2.00pm to 6.00pm. This fine community event offers a great collection of eight lovely gardens, with both large and small and traditional and modern represented. Two new gardens are listed this year and...
Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity's annual Midnight Walk has moved to the end of June for 2017, kicking off at midnight on Saturday 24th June at Aylesbury College. The Midnight Walk is the Charity's largest fundraiser, which raised around £46,000 last year for the Hospice. The event sees hundreds of women dressed in pink T-shirts and day-glo accessories take on the challenge of...
Did you miss the veteran car display on Sunday 23rd April, hosted by the Infant School PTA on the Junior School playground? The event represented a 'resting point' during a tour of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, organised by the Veteran Car Company. Their sojourn in Haddenham provided a chance to look at some very mature pieces of machinery: single cylinder cars made before...