NB: St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Hartwell Garden Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Bucks County Council has announced that work to resurface the Stoke Hammond and Western Linslade Bypasses (A4146) will start on Monday 13th August.The £4.5 million investment in renewing the five-mile dual carriageway surface will take around eight weeks.The work involves removing the entire surface course, which has a number of surface defects, and, in areas where investigations have...
Robyn Thorogood, Volunteer Manager of Snakemoor, reports that grooming has been carried out at our local nature reserve in the last few days.Kevin (the village handyman) has cut the orchard and pond bank. Also, with his usual care and thoroughness, Michael Whitney has cut and removed the grass from the meadow using his tractor and Snakemoor attachments. Another good job...
We are delighted to announce that the Richborough Estates' appeal, challenging AVDCs refusal to provide planning permission for a development opposite Rosemary Lane, on the east side of Churchway, has been dismissed!This follows the hearing held in Aylesbury on 4th & 5th July 2018 and a site visit made on 5th July 2018 by A Jordan BA(Hons) MRTPI, an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of...