Walter Rose Room, VH
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
An enthralled and packed house at Haddenham Community Library celebrated Shakespeare's birthday on Tuesday morning 24th April, at 'Brunch with Bruce'.Local actor and historian Bruce Alexander was joined by Sophie Franklin to read, or rather perform, excerpts from works by Shakespeare. In celebration of 100 years of female franchise, there was an appropriate theme of fathers and...
Haddenham Horticultural Society is hosting its Spring Show and Plant Sale on Saturday 28th April in the village hall.Admission is free.In addition to the wide range of plants for sale, there are other stalls selling cakes, savoury items and preserves; books and jigsaws; as well as a "white elephant" stall. Why not come along and pick up a few bargains! Donations of items for the...
Lands Improvement has sold a retail parcel on the Haddenham Airfield to Henry Davidson DevelopmentsHenry Davidson Developments (HDD) plans to develop the site to provide a Co-Op convenience store, a Bright Horizons children's day nursery, and 17 two-bedroom apartments, subject to planning consent.The site acquired by HDD forms part of a wider 158-acre (64-hectare) mixed-use...