Walter Rose Room, VH
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
An enthralled and packed house at Haddenham Community Library celebrated Shakespeare's birthday on Tuesday morning 24th April, at 'Brunch with Bruce'.Local actor and historian Bruce Alexander was joined by Sophie Franklin to read, or rather perform, excerpts from works by Shakespeare. In celebration of 100 years of female franchise, there was an appropriate theme of fathers and...
Haddenham Horticultural Society is hosting its Spring Show and Plant Sale on Saturday 28th April in the village hall.Admission is free.In addition to the wide range of plants for sale, there are other stalls selling cakes, savoury items and preserves; books and jigsaws; as well as a "white elephant" stall. Why not come along and pick up a few bargains! Donations of items for the...
Lands Improvement has sold a retail parcel on the Haddenham Airfield to Henry Davidson DevelopmentsHenry Davidson Developments (HDD) plans to develop the site to provide a Co-Op convenience store, a Bright Horizons children's day nursery, and 17 two-bedroom apartments, subject to planning consent.The site acquired by HDD forms part of a wider 158-acre (64-hectare) mixed-use...