HStM CE School
Townsend Community Orchard
HStM CE School
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th September 2013 10:30am
'Haddenham's Got Talent' returned to the village's Youth & Community Centre on Saturday 7th September. The fundraising show was another glorious evening of fun and entertainment showcasing some of Haddenham's most promising entertainers of all ages. It was organised by Lynne Colley and MC'd by Gary McCarron.
On the bill were:
- Ms Timberlake*, who sang 'Power of Love' (Frankie Goes to Hollywood; also Gabrielle)
- Hanna Clements, with a virtuoso performance telling the tale of the frustrations of living in a noisy apartment block, and demonstrating Hanna's huge vocal range
- Paul Booth who sang and played his own songs, in a unique, self-deprecating style
- Oli Giles and Vicky Wyatt, who provided a zany singing sketch which concluded in sheer mayhem!
- Adrian Ripley, with his impressive 'memory man' demonstration
- Mary Pritchard, who delighted everyone with the skilled recitations of her own poetry
- Emma Batting, whose rendition of 'Set Fire to the Rain' (Adele) demonstrated her incredible voice
- Kim Biddulph, who sang a challenging Abba medley
- 'Wings of Icarus' — a two piece band, with Benedict Quinn and Brewster Mason singing their own compositions.
Every one of the acts deserved a medal for the sheer entertainment value. However, in the spirit of a Talent Show, one winner was decided by audience voting. And the winner was ....
Miss Timberlake* (for the second year running!)
Over £600 was raised by the event, which was held in memory of Hannah Bourke, who held the first Haddenham's Got Talent event to raise money for Path to Africa, a charity dear to her heart and one she visited in Tanzania shortly before died. On this occasion, all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy Society.
To see photographs, click here
* Haddenham.net does not publish the names of minors.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Thames Valley Police tell us that a 23-year-old man has been charged with attempted robbery and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with an incident in Haddenham last year.Jordan Dewing of New Road, Stokenchurch was charged on Tuesday (17th October) and has been bailed to appear at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court on 16th November.The charge is in connection with an incident at...
The folk at St Mary's Church are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2017 is underway. Last year's festival was a great success and they are very keen to welcome as many people to see the displays again this year — so they need support from the local community to help create a wonderful spectacle! If you would like to display a Christmas tree...
To all Haddenham Youth and Community Centre Hirers,We are writing to express our sincere regret at the breakdown in communication that has resulted in misunderstandings and frustration at the lack of parking at the Youth and Community Centre.To explain the background, as you will no doubt know the school playground was resurfaced over the summer holidays. The school is delighted that this was...