By Haddenham Webteam - 8th September 2013 10:30am
'Haddenham's Got Talent' returned to the village's Youth & Community Centre on Saturday 7th September. The fundraising show was another glorious evening of fun and entertainment showcasing some of Haddenham's most promising entertainers of all ages. It was organised by Lynne Colley and MC'd by Gary McCarron.
On the bill were:
- Ms Timberlake*, who sang 'Power of Love' (Frankie Goes to Hollywood; also Gabrielle)
- Hanna Clements, with a virtuoso performance telling the tale of the frustrations of living in a noisy apartment block, and demonstrating Hanna's huge vocal range
- Paul Booth who sang and played his own songs, in a unique, self-deprecating style
- Oli Giles and Vicky Wyatt, who provided a zany singing sketch which concluded in sheer mayhem!
- Adrian Ripley, with his impressive 'memory man' demonstration
- Mary Pritchard, who delighted everyone with the skilled recitations of her own poetry
- Emma Batting, whose rendition of 'Set Fire to the Rain' (Adele) demonstrated her incredible voice
- Kim Biddulph, who sang a challenging Abba medley
- 'Wings of Icarus' — a two piece band, with Benedict Quinn and Brewster Mason singing their own compositions.
Every one of the acts deserved a medal for the sheer entertainment value. However, in the spirit of a Talent Show, one winner was decided by audience voting. And the winner was ....
Miss Timberlake* (for the second year running!)
Over £600 was raised by the event, which was held in memory of Hannah Bourke, who held the first Haddenham's Got Talent event to raise money for Path to Africa, a charity dear to her heart and one she visited in Tanzania shortly before died. On this occasion, all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy Society.
To see photographs, click here
* Haddenham.net does not publish the names of minors.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary Club is hosting another of its impressive 'Young Photographer Competitions',Run with support from Paul Wilkinson Photography.The subject theme for 2018 is "CONTRASTS" (for all age groups)The competition offers a Prize Total of £300Entries must be delivered by noon on Saturday 14th April 2018 to any one of following three receiving...
Haddenham Parish Council has issued an advanced warning that clearance work will be in progress along Green Lane bridleway (running from Churchway, opposite the post office) for two weeks from Monday 19th February.Walkers are advised to take care. Clearance of the undergrowth is taking place before the nesting season. This is in preparation for the making of a tarmac path (which will be 2...
Recently moved to Haddenham? You are warmly invited to a 'Welcome Evening' for new (and newish) residents to Haddenham, with wine and nibbles.When?Tuesday 20th Feb 2018, 7.30 — 9.00pmWhere?At the Haddenham Youth and Community Centre (Woodways, HP17 8DS, attached to the Junior School).Hosted by Churches Together in Haddenham (CTIH),If you can, please let us know if you're...