St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 29th July 2013 7:30pm
Thames Valley Police continue to warn of thefts from sheds and garages in Aylesbury Vale, and would like to encourage residents to take more precautions.
They offer the following suggestions:
- Keep your shed in good condition
- Fit a closed shackle padlock to the door
- Fittings should be bolted through the door and screws concealed by the use of tamper proof screws or coach bolts
- Consider fitting a good quality pad bar
- Ensure all equipment and tools are locked away when not in use
- Install a shed alarm
- Post-code or mark all property such as lawnmowers, bikes, and tools using ultraviolet pens, forensic marking such as Selecta DNA, Smartwater, CREmark or engravers.
- Install security lighting as a deterrent
- Plants thorny shrubs to act as a barrier at potential access points
- Ensure ladders are locked to a secure fixture in the shed or garage so they can't be used to reach top floor windows
- Chain large items such as bicycles together, making it much more difficult for a thief to carry them away
- Fit a wire cage inside the shed where more expensive items can be locked away
No thief wants to hang about longer than strictly necessary, so anything you can do to increase the time it takes a burglar to access your tools and equipment will be an effective deterrent.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most residents of village will know, the Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas. Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre — if only in disbelief!Most importantly the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of...
Kia's dog walking fundraiser for Restless DevelopmentDo you have a four-legged friend? Don't fancy walking them in the cold, gloomy Winter mornings? Are you passionate about giving back? Then look no further...What is 'Restless Development'?Restless Development is a youth-led charity that works in Africa, Asia, UK and USA supporting and educating young people in areas...
AssaultPolice are appealing for any witnesses or information in relation to an assault that took place on Sunday 14th January 2018 on SHEERSTOCK, at approximately 17:30hrs.At that approximate time a resident of Sheerstock left his address and was confronted by 3 persons who had their faces covered. The victim was assaulted by them, leaving him with minor injuries that needed hospital...