From Banks Park
Nether Winchendon HP18 0DY
Youth & Community Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In 2014, Robyn Thorogood of Towersey Morris and Jim Turnbull met on the Taste Transylvania stand at Towersey Festival and the idea of a tour was first hatched. Nothing much happened until Towersey Morris performed in front of the Taste Transylvania stand at the 2016 Festival and were offered traditional hospitality — a shot of palinca, in this case home distilled elderflower brandy. By the time a...
As we move towards the Autumn, the medical authorities are offering flu vaccinations once again. These are free of charge to anyone qualifiying according to one of the following criteria: * 65 and overs and the flu jab You are eligible for the flu vaccine this year (2017-18) if you will be aged 65 and over on March 31 2018 — that is, you were born on or before March 31 1953. So, if you are...
Looking for a family event to enjoy this coming weekend? Then why not pop along to our neighbouring village of Dinton where they will be holding a traditional fete on Sunday 27th August, from 1.30pm until 4.30pm. Attractions include: Live music Food and bar Lancaster Fly Past (weather permitting) The brilliant Award Winning Colonel Custard Bletchington Silver Band Traditional games and...