6 Potash Close
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
Haddenham Tennis Club
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Youth FC U12 (Year 7) had a very successful season last year, winning three end of season tournaments.They then followed it up in 2017/2018 by winning the Red League (1st Division) and came runners up in Yellow league (4th Division).All this with a small squad of only 21 players!This exceptional group of players is now looking to add more players to the squad for next season as...
On Wednesday 9th May, 27 volunteers of the Haddenham Community Library visited the British Library (BL) on a trip brilliantly organised by librarian Alison Gilbert. The outing was a great success. The group was received by BL staff and given a guided tour in two groups, each with an excellent guide. Most of the group had not visited before and were immensely impressed by the building's...
Saturday 9th June, 1.00pm — 4.30pm sees the return of the popular Haddenham Village Fete around Church End and Flint Street — a lovely whole community event, with fun and games for all generations.You can enjoy established favourites such as the Classic Cars Display at Manor Farm, Open Gardens around Church End and Flint Street, the Beer and Pimms Tent and the usual fabulous variety of stalls...