NB: St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Hartwell Garden Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Robyn Thorogood, Volunteer Manager of Snakemoor, reports that grooming has been carried out at our local nature reserve in the last few days.Kevin (the village handyman) has cut the orchard and pond bank. Also, with his usual care and thoroughness, Michael Whitney has cut and removed the grass from the meadow using his tractor and Snakemoor attachments. Another good job...
We are delighted to announce that the Richborough Estates' appeal, challenging AVDCs refusal to provide planning permission for a development opposite Rosemary Lane, on the east side of Churchway, has been dismissed!This follows the hearing held in Aylesbury on 4th & 5th July 2018 and a site visit made on 5th July 2018 by A Jordan BA(Hons) MRTPI, an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of...
Haddenham Horticultural Society will be hosting its Annual Open Show in the Village Hall on Saturday 1st September. Public Viewing is from 2.00pm until 4.00pm, followed by presentation of trophies and raffle draw. Admission: 50p senior citizens and children; £1.00p others. The Show offers a wide range of classes for vegetables, fruit, flowers, cacti and succulents, floral art, domestic...