Baptist School Room
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham St Mary's School is holding a Spring Fayre this Sat (17th March). Don't let the weather put you off! They'll have marquees and gazebos, many stalls are indoors and there'll also be hot food and drinks available, including barbecue food, pizzas, hot chocolate, coffee and tea. It's the perfect way to keep your children occupied even when the sun isn't shining -...
There are currently around 450 children in care in Buckinghamshire. However 'Foster for Bucks' has only have 120 foster carers.The County Council wants to keep Bucks children in Bucks so they can stay close to friends and places and communities they are familiar with.They need your help to achieve that.Foster carers do an amazing job of giving children the care and support they need...
Do you enjoy mooching around the little nooks and crannies of Haddenham? It's a lovely pastime, especially if you have visitors and are looking to enjoy some fresh air with them while discovering the village's little thoroughfares and alleyways. The older parts of the village have many such delights.To guide you, Ken Perry's new Village Walks booklet has recently been published...