HStM CE School
Townsend Community Orchard
HStM CE School
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The folk at St Mary's Church are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2017 is underway. Last year's festival was a great success and they are very keen to welcome as many people to see the displays again this year — so they need support from the local community to help create a wonderful spectacle! If you would like to display a Christmas tree...
To all Haddenham Youth and Community Centre Hirers,We are writing to express our sincere regret at the breakdown in communication that has resulted in misunderstandings and frustration at the lack of parking at the Youth and Community Centre.To explain the background, as you will no doubt know the school playground was resurfaced over the summer holidays. The school is delighted that this was...
Thames Valley Police have issued a statement pointing out that overnight on Sunday into Monday morning (15th October — 16th October) three thefts were reported from vehicles in the Haddenham area.Two reports were from residents in the Yolsum Close area and one was from Cotts Field. Property stolen included a purse, a silver ornament, perfume bottles and small change.A mobile phone and vehicle...