From village hall
5 Potash Close HP17 8JY
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As most local residents know, Dandara has planning permission to build 280 new homes on the Aston Road / Glebe site on the south-east boundary of the village bordered by Willis Road and Stanbridge Road. On Monday 19th June the developer presented the Phase 1 and 2 proposals (for the first 143 dwellings) to the Planning Committee of Haddenham Parish Council. Some members of the public were also...
For six weeks over June and July, Haddenham based financial information company, Defaqto has and will be running its own employee 'Olympic' style Summer Games. The company employees 120 people and actively promotes a healthy work / leisure balance through, for example, wellbeing weeks and exercise classes on-site, as well as the Summer Games. The games consisted of 14 activities...
The lack of a completed and Government approved Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan (VALP) for the last several years has meant that AVDC has lacked a strong strategic framework by which it could resist the planning applications of opportunist developers, and Haddenham has been a favoured location. We learned today (Friday 23rd June), courtesy of Planning Resource magazine, that AVDC is delaying the...