Tickety Brew Café
By Haddenham Webteam - 30th October 2017 9:00am
A new circular bus route has been introduced within Thame and, on Saturdays and Sundays, this will result in various changes to the 280 service.
Users of local buses are strongly advised to get hold of the new timetable, copies of which should be available in Haddenham train station, Haddenham Community Library, and Thame Town Hall. The revised timetable is also on the Arriva website, where a search facility is provided.
The most important Thame route change for passengers from Haddenham is that if the bus turns left at the top of North Street into the Upper High Street, instead of right down the High Street towards the Co-op and the Town Hall, it is following the new route for a journey going towards Oxford.
Full details of the changes are that:
(1) on leaving North Street buses will travel via Upper High Street, Park Street and Chinnor Road to serve the new houses along Wenman Road (part of the ring road), before returning via Thame Park Road and Park Street to Upper High Street and High Street.
(2) On Mondays to Fridays this will usually be worked by extending buses on route X8 (Oxford-Thame) and will thus not affect the 280.
(3) On Saturdays and Sundays, however, the 280 will be diverted to cover the new route.
(4) On Saturdays, when there is a 20 minute interval service, one of the three 280s per hour will divert via the new route, and will call at stops in Haddenham five minutes earlier than now when going to Oxford, and five minutes later when bound for Aylesbury.
(5) On Sundays, when there is a half-hourly service, alternate 280s will divert via the new route with the same timing changes as on Saturdays. In addition there will be two additional early morning 280s on Sundays and several very minor timing changes in the rush hours.
Thanks go to Peter Gulland (one-time member of the Aylesbury Vale Transport Users Group) for the information provided.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are saddened to bring news of the passing of Barbara Brant.This announcement from son and daughter-in-law Richard and Linda:We'd like to announce the death of Barbara Brant on 12th February 2020.Barbara lived in Haddenham for over 45 years with her husband, Colin, in Churchway. She was a pivotal member of the local community and had many friends here.Her Funeral Service will be...
New Local Walking and Cycling Routes — The Buckinghamshire GreenwayA report kindly précised by Cynthia FloudThe 'Buckinghamshire Greenway' is a unique and emerging vision for a transformational walking and cycling route stretching from Milton Keynes and Brackley to Uxbridge and Heathrow Airport, forming the north-south spine of a future countywide walking and cycling network made...
AVDC recently rejected an application for Change of Use by the current owner of the Green Dragon, who was hoping to convert the building for use as a residential dwelling.The owner has now appealed that decision. Here's the official blurb if you would like to submit comments.TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990APPEAL UNDER SECTION 78Site Address: The Green Dragon 8 Churchway Haddenham...