By Haddenham Webteam - 9th March 2015 11:00am
Local fundraisers Mary Miller, Amanda Pink, William Race and Ben Shardlow took life into their own hands and abseiled down St Mary Magdalen Church in the centre of Oxford on Saturday 7th March to help raise funds for Christian Aid.
This was the third year that Christian Aid have held the abseil event in Oxford. Over the past two years, more than 60 people have successfully made it down the tower, ranging in age from 11 to 85, and together they have raised more than £17,000 for some of the world's poorest communities.
This year, our local heroes raised over £2,000 which is a truly impressive achievement.
It's not too late to chip in, if you'd like to. You can add to Amanda and Mary's fund through their Just Giving website or through the local churches. Alternatively, or in addition, you can sponsor William and Ben through their dedicated MoneyGiving website.
Please donate whatever you can for this extremely worthy cause.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...