from Bradmoor Farm
Walter Rose Room, HVH
Walter Rose Room, HVH
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th November 2017 2:15pm
A burglary was carried out last night (Saturday 25th Nov) in Haddenham. A police investigation is ongoing.
If anyone saw anything suspicious last night between around 8.00pm-9.00pm, on the Thame side of the village, please inform the local police on 101.
The burglars gained access through the kitchen window and over the kitchen worktop. The window was prised open. Tool marks suggest they also attempted the back door but couldn't unlock it. Every room ransacked but most things haven't been taken.
A small, well hidden safe has been taken containing passports and some jewellery.
Police advice when it comes to protecting your property includes the following measures:
- Keep your perimeter fencing in good order
- Raise the height of boundary fencing with trellises
- Consider planting spikey shrubs at vulnerable access points to your garden
- Ensure that side entry gates are well maintained and locked
- Install PIR-operated security lights or better yet, all-night lighting outside (modern LED lights costs just pennies to run)
- Consider installing an alarm*
- Consider installing CCTV**
- Use mechanical or electronic timers to create the impression that the property is occupied when you're out (a more modern approach to sequencing on-off lighting schedules uses internet-linked devices controlled by an App on your phone)
For tips about improving the security of you shed, garage and outbuilding, see here.
* If you inform your insurance company that you have an alarm and it is not switched on when you suffer a burglary, this may negatively affect your insurance cover.
** CCTV systems should only view your own property and not overlook neighbours' homes
There are several very good electricans based in Haddenham who would be happy to assist in improving the security of your home — see the SERVICES section of this website.
In the meantime, stay vigilant everyone.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Does Haddenham need a Community Greengrocer?Blooming Fruity has been for sale for almost a year. It's possible that when sold it will cease to trade as a greengrocer. Regular users of the shop are concerned about this. The current owner's preferred option is to sell commercially as an ongoing greengrocer business. However, if this is not possible we have been preparing a contingency...
Haddenham and Thame EV Hire Club UpdateUsage is steadily increasing on the cars, and we keep receiving great feedback from Haddenham and Thame residents. The key reason for this scheme is to reduce emissions and help create cleaner air. Zero Carbon Haddenham have been calculating the mileage of both cars to see the positive effects of car sharing and using electric:Carbon Saving (March...
Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity — Fundraising EventSpring really started for the Haddenham Community Support Group (HCSG) with the coffee morning and flower arranging demonstration last week and will gather pace with the next event our Spring Fashion Show and Afternoon Tea. This will again be held at the popular Bradmoor Farm Function Suite on Thursday 20th April commencing at...