Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Preparations are well underway for the Haddenham Winterfest on 14th December from 12 noon until 6pm. As always, we are looking for volunteers. We will need help to serve Beer, Lager, Cider, Mulled wine, Gin and Soft drinks. We will also need help Setting up on Thursday and Friday and of course, Clearing up on Sunday morning. If you're able to help out for a couple of hours, please...
Stonehill House Residential Care Home (Abbeyfield) in Churchway held the official opening of its new Community Garden on Friday 11th October.Rather like the garden makeover programmes on TV, the project at Abbeyfield owes everything to the charitable efforts and gifts of local companies and volunteers.The aim of the project has been to bridge gaps in society between young and old, business...
Are you a member of an organisation that would like to get involved in the annual Christmas Tree Festival for the first time? Here's a note from the organisers explaining how you can do so...We are delighted that you are thinking of taking part in the Community Christmas Tree Festival this year. It is always exciting to see all the new ideas for tree decorations!The application form...