12 Church End
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Safety warnings have been issued as lockdown measures are eased from this weekendBucks Council chiefs have joined calls for the public to take care and prevent the spread of the virus, as lockdown measures as set to be significantly eased tomorrow.From today (Saturday 4th July) Aylesbury Vale's shops, bars, hairdressers and pubs will all be open to the public, with safety measures in...
Haddenham Puddleducks Pre-school Fundraiser — 12th JulyLike many charitable organisations this year our beloved pre-school in the village, Puddleducks, has and continues to suffer financially due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The village events, such as the fete and Beer Festival, have been rightly cancelled but funds raised regularly support this charitable enterprise throughout the...
The Archbishop of Canterbury honours Haddenham resident, Richard FisherThe 2020 Alphege Award for Evangelism and Witness has been awarded to Richard Fisher, Chief Executive of the Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF), based in Abingdon.BRF's chief executive, Richard Fisher, has received a rare personal honour from the Archbishop of Canterbury. The 2020 Alphege...