From Bradmoor Farm
S&SC, Woodways Rec.
Tickety Brew cafe
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Residents often express concern over traffic speeds around the village, and some specific roads are a major concern.At the most recent parish council meeting (5th November) it was noted that the Sentinel speed camera has now been repaired. On a recent test run, just to make sure it was working, 81 cars were observed during a 1¼ hour period driving at over 35 mph (in a 30 mph zone) with five...
As you probably know, the Green Dragon pub in Churchway is to be marketed for sale by its current owners, Enterprise Inns.As residents of Haddenham, we are aware that the management of the pub has been erratic for some time now with multiple tenant/managers and prolonged periods of it being closed and unoccupied. It is even more frustrating that we finally have a member of our community in...
On Sunday morning, 11th November 2018, Churches Together in Haddenham hosted a Service of Remembrance in a packed St Mary's Parish Church, on the centenary of the WW1 Armistice.The 100 year commemoration service was led by Revd. Margot Hodson and the address was delivered by Revd. Nadine Rose.Members of local churches provided the readings. The prayers of intersession were led by Gill...