Village Hall Car Park
Committee Room, HVH
Youth & Community Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Village Hall Users Group would greatly appreciate your participation in a brief survey regarding the Village Hall's transition to the use of solar panels. Your input will help us gauge community interest in this sustainable energy solution. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please find the survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.u...
...Damned If You Don't!The challenges of moderating a community Facebook pageSocial media has tremendous benefits, but it also presents some significant challenges.Haddenham dotNetThe Haddenham dotNet Facebook page has existed since 2016 and now has a following of over 5,000 local residents. In some ways the platform has become "the local newspaper" as fewer people...
After last year's success, the three Haddenham school PTAs (St Mary's, Infant & Junior schools) have joined forces to bring you another brilliant event for the whole family -- Haddenham Gates 10k trail run (walkers and slow runners welcomed!) followed with a fun run for all around the junior school on Sunday 7th May.There will be free entry to the site where there will be a bar...