WRR in HVH
Ticket Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th November 2017 9:45pm
Going, going, gone for charity ...!
Jane and Steve Gollins hosted a fundraising event at Bradmoor Farm on Thursday evening, 9th November, with Jane braving the shave and Steve favouring a Mohican!
The evening was very well supported with guests enjoying a wonderful buffet dinner, courtesy of Bradmoor Farm.
The event also included a charity auction and a rather impressive raffle.
The auction had some fabulous items on offer, including:
- A round of golf for 4 at the Belfry donated by Jewson's
- A round of golf for 4 donated by The Oxfordshire Golf Club
- Two 'gold packages' donated by College Farm Shooting Ground
- Two clay shooting sessions donated by The Oxford Gun Company
- Bradmoor Hamper donated by Perry's
- A fishing trip for 8 people chartered by Al Spirit in Weymouth donated by Skipper Adrian Brown
- A private dining experience -- cooked and served at your home, donated by the Bradmoor Farm and team
The raffle prizes included:
- Bradmoor Farm gift vouchers,
- A magnum of reserve rioja,
- Hot chocolate gift sets
- A paw patrol stationary set
- Bayliss & Harding large gift set
- Minnie mouse activity plane
- Prosecco gift sets
- Christmas gift towers (chocolates & biscuits)
All fundraising was in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
As the event proceeded, we suggested on this website that it was likely to raise several thousand £££s.
Now be prepared to be shocked and impressed in equal measure:
Jane & Steve Gollins' event has raised £12,500 !!
Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the event such a fantastic success.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Do you know there are hundreds of e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and audio books available to read for free if you are a member of the library?Support is now available in Haddenham Community Library to help you to access and read them on your ipad/tablet, mobile phone, or personal computer.Friday mornings between 9.30am and 11.30am starting Friday 7th February.For more information or to...
The Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas.Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre!Most importantly, the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of fundraising for their chosen charities, and their performances...
As part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, Thame Choral Society will be performing Handel's Messiah in April.Ahead of this performance, the choir will be throwing open its doors to singers of all ages and abilities with one of its popular singing workshops. The event will be held on Saturday 8th February at Haddenham Infant School, Woodways, HP17 8DS. Lead by Musical Director, Helen...