By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham resident Dr Philippa Blowfield will be running the Official 40th London Marathon next Sunday, 4th October. Of course, due to Covid restrictions, the event cannot take place in London. So instead 45,000 runners across the world are running the distance in their local communities. You are likely to have spotted Philippa on her many training runs around Haddenham in the last few...
Dennis Vincent, the very longstanding fuel attendant at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, has decided to retire after nearly 30 years' serving fuel to the motorists of Haddenham and the surrounding areas. Dennis has been an outstanding member of the Ivor Miles team and, in all weathers, been at the forefront of the business. Many local residents will recall that, despite his senior years...
The following letter is being distributed to parents and guardians from Public Health England:Dear parents and guardiansThis is an important letter to share some information on how we can work together to make sure we can continue to give children and young people the best education in the safest way possible.One important part of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of pupils, parents and...