Hartwell Nurseries HP17 8RZ
St Mary's Church
Hartwell Nurseries HP17 8RZ
from Village Hall
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The 4th Haddenham Festive Trail opens today (Saturday 2nd December) when lights throughout the village will be switched on from 4pm onwards. A big thank you to all those who signed up for this year's Trail, which includes almost 40 displays. The online Trail Map is included on this webpage — see the PDF — plus a List of Displays, which includes details about the name and creator of...
On 20th November 2023, Beryl House, Aged 91, beloved mother, grandmother and great grandmother, sadly passed away at the Mandeville Grange Nursing Home in Aylesbury.Born at Lower Winchendon, Beryl married Wally in 1951 and they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 2001. They lived for a number of years in Aylesbury before moving to Churchway Haddenham in 1982, and then to Willis Road...
Haddenham Youth Football Club (HYFC) is kicking off a new initiative in 2024 to develop a community of referees to help support the local grassroots game for local children. The club is keen to sponsor potential referees through their FA qualification in return for a limited number of free match fees.Refereeing can be a hugely rewarding way of being involved in the game for those ages 15 or...