Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Waddesdon Community Centre HP18 0LX
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Haddenham Fish Scheme celebrated its 50th Anniversary for all its current and previous volunteers with a tea Party held in the hall at Haddenham Community Infant School on Sunday 28th May.Leaders Jeanne Watt and Alison Green gave the large group of guests a potted history of the Scheme and some of the notable benefits that it has provided to the Haddenham community since its inception in...
Help is needed for our traditional village fete, which takes place on the afternoon of Saturday 10th June! So there are just over two weeks to go and we are looking forward to welcoming you the fete at Church End, Flint Street and on Manor Farm.One of the main aims of the Fete is to raise money for local good causes and organisations. Community events like this rely heavily on adult...
Tawny Owl retires from 3rd Haddenham Brownies and GuidingTawny OwlAnne MacKeller has retired from 3rd Haddenham Brownies and Guiding after 40 years.On Tuesday 23rd May the brownies, parents and leaders said a big thank you to Anne and presented her with a Girl Guiding Good service Award, a guiding vase and a bunch of flowers in recognition of her support and time given to Aylesbury Vale...