Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Haddenham pharmacy is doing AZ first and second jabs again from tomorrow for the next few weeks and in order to avoid wasting precious vaccine doses, will need some people who can be rung at the last minute for spare vaccines each day. Do you know anyone who: is over 40*, has not already had their first jab and would like to have the AZ vaccination at the Haddenham pharmacy? has...
Adrienne Ward's funeral will be held at Bierton Crematorium on Tuesday 18th May at 2pm. The Cortege will be passing through the village at 1.15pm, starting from Wilsons undertakers and travelling up Townside to the crossroads by the Rising Sun, through Fort End, past Banks Parade and along Woodways past the schools and then on to Bierton Crematorium.There will also be a Thanksgiving...
The following information has recently been published to explain where to access an appointment and how to access covid-19 vaccination status for travel: Stoke Mandeville Stadium Vaccination CentreLocal GP Surgeries are only offering COVID-19 vaccinations to those patients in priority groups 1-9 who have not yet had their first dose jab or are awaiting a second dose jab. Please do not...