Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are saddened to bring news of the passing of Barbara Brant.This announcement from son and daughter-in-law Richard and Linda:We'd like to announce the death of Barbara Brant on 12th February 2020.Barbara lived in Haddenham for over 45 years with her husband, Colin, in Churchway. She was a pivotal member of the local community and had many friends here.Her Funeral Service will be...
New Local Walking and Cycling Routes — The Buckinghamshire GreenwayA report kindly précised by Cynthia FloudThe 'Buckinghamshire Greenway' is a unique and emerging vision for a transformational walking and cycling route stretching from Milton Keynes and Brackley to Uxbridge and Heathrow Airport, forming the north-south spine of a future countywide walking and cycling network made...
AVDC recently rejected an application for Change of Use by the current owner of the Green Dragon, who was hoping to convert the building for use as a residential dwelling.The owner has now appealed that decision. Here's the official blurb if you would like to submit comments.TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990APPEAL UNDER SECTION 78Site Address: The Green Dragon 8 Churchway Haddenham...