Bernard Hall Cuddington
Bernard Hall Cuddington
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Following recent criticisms in certain national newspapers and on social media of the current state of General Practice in this country, we have chosen to reproduce a letter published in the latest edition of the British Medical Journal, written by a GP based in Oxfordshire.Where have our GPs gone?That question topped the 3 May front page of the Daily Mail--a tabloid newspaper not known for...
Haddenham St Mary's CE school are going to be celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a special week at school next week (23rd-26th May). The week is going to culminate in a 1950's Tea Party on the Thursday afternoon where children will celebrate with their parents. We would love to invite anyone local who has a vintage car to bring their car along on the afternoon of the...
On Thursday 5th May, after a two year hiatus, an "Aperitif Recital" was held at St Marys Church.The recital was given by James Orford, organist at Eton College, assistant director of music at St Pauls' Church Knightsbridge and former organist at Westminster Cathedral.He delighted the audience with music by Duruflé, Vivaldi and others. James delivered a fantastic performance...