St Mary's Church
St Mary's Church
By Val Walker - 25th October 2016 2:30pm
We are delighted to announce that planning for the Community Christmas Tree Festival 2016 is underway. We are already receiving enquiries from enthusiastic participants so hope that we will be able to fill the Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, again this year.
We are keen to welcome as many people to see the displays as possible. We need your support to help us achieve an amazing spectacle!
If you would like to display a Christmas tree for the Festival the following information is offered to assist you:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival. You may use a real or artificial tree, or make your own — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. This is a good opportunity to advertise your existence to the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation. These can be glitzy, traditional, modern, unusual, colourful, or made to make you smile! Each tree should aim to entertain the Festival visitors. The trees should have lights — either battery or mains.
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used or set on static/silent.
- Set up will be on Thursday 8th December. The trees can be removed between 9 a.m. and noon on Monday 12th December 2016.
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see the attached booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis.
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and Haddenham Community Library.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 6pm on Friday 9th December, 11am -6pm on Saturday 10th and from Noon — 5pm on Sunday 11th. There will also be some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale.
We very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the Booking Form (see PDF below images), duly completed, by Friday 18th November to:
Any Questions — please call any of the following:
Val Walker (01844 292383)
Sharon Smith (01844 299306)
Fiona Quinn (01844 290723)
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Festive Trail opens tomorrow (Saturday 3rd December) with a Countdown and "Switch On" at 4.30pm. This will take place outside 6 Printers Piece (near Banks Park), which was voted the most popular festive display last year. Neighbours and village residents are all very welcome to come along to watch as the Harding Family's home becomes fully illuminated at 4.30pm. Fiona...
An Allotments Quiz will be taking place on Saturday 7th January, in the village hall.The format is the same as usual -- tables of up to ten people -- £10 per head for quiz + chilli supper -- bring your own drinks and extra snacks.If you would like to come and form a table, please can you let John Wheeler know by Tuesday 3rd January so he can plan for numbers.Contact John on...
Here are the scheduled Christmas activities and Services in Haddenham — please check individual church websites for any changes to the publicised times.Churches Together in Haddenham Fri 9th Dec 7.00pm Village carol service in HVH Sat 17th Dec 10.30am-12noon Carol singing at Haddenham Garden Centre Wed 21st Dec 7.00pm Carols at The Whistler Sat 24th Dec ..