Village Hall Car Park
Committee Room, HVH
Youth & Community Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 10th August 2020 3:00pm
Book a test if you have any coronavirus symptoms
Buckinghamshire Council has issued the following statement:
Cases of COVID-19 are rising again across the country. We do not want a local lockdown in Buckinghamshire. We want to stop the spread of the virus so that we can continue to live our lives and enjoy our freedom.
Follow our simple guidance:
· If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are very mild symptoms, book a test immediately and stay at home.
· Symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change in your sense of taste or smell.
· Stay at home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 that started in the last 10 days, unless you have had a negative test result.
· Stay at home if you have been advised to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
· Stay at home if someone in your household has had any symptoms of coronavirus and has not had a negative test result. If they have not done so, they should get a test.
There are testing centres locally, or you can order a home test. The test involves taking a swab of the inside of your nose and the back of your throat, using a cotton bud. You can do the swab yourself, or someone can do it for you.
We must protect our community from this deadly virus. Many people have already died, and it is our responsibility to stop the virus from spreading and taking more lives.
Help control the virus and protect yourself and others
· Wash hands — keep washing your hands regularly
· Cover face — wear a face covering over your nose and mouth to protect yourself and others
· Make space — stay two metres apart from other people not in your household wherever possible
Please, if you have any of the symptoms; a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change in your sense of smell or taste, please book a test now. Call 119 or go online here.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Village Hall Users Group would greatly appreciate your participation in a brief survey regarding the Village Hall's transition to the use of solar panels. Your input will help us gauge community interest in this sustainable energy solution. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please find the survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.u...
...Damned If You Don't!The challenges of moderating a community Facebook pageSocial media has tremendous benefits, but it also presents some significant challenges.Haddenham dotNetThe Haddenham dotNet Facebook page has existed since 2016 and now has a following of over 5,000 local residents. In some ways the platform has become "the local newspaper" as fewer people...
After last year's success, the three Haddenham school PTAs (St Mary's, Infant & Junior schools) have joined forces to bring you another brilliant event for the whole family -- Haddenham Gates 10k trail run (walkers and slow runners welcomed!) followed with a fun run for all around the junior school on Sunday 7th May.There will be free entry to the site where there will be a bar...