Wherever You Are!
By Haddenham Webteam - 10th August 2020 3:00pm
Book a test if you have any coronavirus symptoms
Buckinghamshire Council has issued the following statement:
Cases of COVID-19 are rising again across the country. We do not want a local lockdown in Buckinghamshire. We want to stop the spread of the virus so that we can continue to live our lives and enjoy our freedom.
Follow our simple guidance:
· If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are very mild symptoms, book a test immediately and stay at home.
· Symptoms of COVID-19 are a high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change in your sense of taste or smell.
· Stay at home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 that started in the last 10 days, unless you have had a negative test result.
· Stay at home if you have been advised to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
· Stay at home if someone in your household has had any symptoms of coronavirus and has not had a negative test result. If they have not done so, they should get a test.
There are testing centres locally, or you can order a home test. The test involves taking a swab of the inside of your nose and the back of your throat, using a cotton bud. You can do the swab yourself, or someone can do it for you.
We must protect our community from this deadly virus. Many people have already died, and it is our responsibility to stop the virus from spreading and taking more lives.
Help control the virus and protect yourself and others
· Wash hands — keep washing your hands regularly
· Cover face — wear a face covering over your nose and mouth to protect yourself and others
· Make space — stay two metres apart from other people not in your household wherever possible
Please, if you have any of the symptoms; a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change in your sense of smell or taste, please book a test now. Call 119 or go online here.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A new £3.7 million mixed-use development in Haddenham has been completed and over half of the properties available have already been snapped up.Aviator House, situated on the former Haddenham Airfield, has been delivered by Midlands-based Deeley Construction in partnership with Henry Davidson Developments.The development features 17 high-specification apartments, a Co-Operative store...
Public consultation during the creation of Haddenham's Neighbourhood Plan identified as a priority the redevelopment of the Banks Park site as a modernised village hub. After several years of planning by the Parish Council and the Village Hall Management Committee, the first phase of the project is now well underway.Among other objectives, the redevelopment will provide a modern...
Haddenham St Mary's CE School PTA is organising a Winter Walk in December which will run until New Year. Organisers have produced a trail map of a walking route round the centre of the village, around which families can find 10 festive symbols displayed in the windows of local businesses and organisations. The trail map also includes the secret key that de-codes the symbols into letters of...