Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Parts of Haddenham
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th May 2017 6:00pm
A timely message from Thames Valley Police: make sure you don't invite opportunist criminals this weekend
As the weather is warming up please take a moment to ensure that opportunist criminals don't have easy access to your belongings:
- If you are in your back garden make sure that all windows and doors at the front of your home are secured. It only takes a moment someone to reach in, or climb in and steal easily accessible items.
- Make sure you don't leave handbags, mobiles, keys etc near to an open window.
- When you go to bed take a moment to double check all your doors and windows are secure, especially easily accessed ones.
- Make sure your garden tools and equipment are locked away in a shed and are marked as belonging to you.
- Don't leave out ladders that could be used to access a 1st floor window. Chain them up.
- Lock bicycles away.
- If you are going away, tell a trusted neighbour and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Report anyone acting suspiciously to the police on 101, or if you think a crime is in progress dial on 999
Following some of these simple precautions will reduce the opportunities for thieves.
We hope your enjoy a safe and crime free bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
From Tuesday 4th February the Haddenham Community Library will be opening 30 minutes later on a weekday morning.On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays the new opening time will be 9.30am. The slightly later opening time is to encourage people with young school children who are interested in volunteering in the library to be able to do so. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact...
The owner of Chiltern House, a commercial property located on Thame Road close to several other small commercial premises on the Thame side of Browns, has lodged an appeal challenging the AVDC decision to refuse re-development of the building as residential accommodation. An informal hearing will be held on Thursday 30th January in Aylesbury. Here's the official notification. Town &...
On Friday 31st January and Saturday 1st February, Haddenham Youth Theatre is presenting three productions at the Haddenham Community Junior School, one for each age group.Juniors: 'Smugglers' — absolutely no revenue avoidance... and is that rum or something a little more explosive?!Middle Group: 'Get Your Homework Done' — the imagination of a young writer brought to life...