By Haddenham Webteam - 26th May 2017 6:00pm
A timely message from Thames Valley Police: make sure you don't invite opportunist criminals this weekend
As the weather is warming up please take a moment to ensure that opportunist criminals don't have easy access to your belongings:
- If you are in your back garden make sure that all windows and doors at the front of your home are secured. It only takes a moment someone to reach in, or climb in and steal easily accessible items.
- Make sure you don't leave handbags, mobiles, keys etc near to an open window.
- When you go to bed take a moment to double check all your doors and windows are secure, especially easily accessed ones.
- Make sure your garden tools and equipment are locked away in a shed and are marked as belonging to you.
- Don't leave out ladders that could be used to access a 1st floor window. Chain them up.
- Lock bicycles away.
- If you are going away, tell a trusted neighbour and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Report anyone acting suspiciously to the police on 101, or if you think a crime is in progress dial on 999
Following some of these simple precautions will reduce the opportunities for thieves.
We hope your enjoy a safe and crime free bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Head Teachers of the three village schools here in Haddenham have published the following briefing to assist parents and guardians in understanding the Covid situation in schools:Dear Parents and CarersWe realise that this half term has not been an easy one for all with all the many systems and protocols that we've all had to manage and the ever changing guidance that everyone has...
Haddenham Community Infant School would like to invite prospective parents to its Virtual Open Day. As Covid restrictions preclude the school being open to visitors at present, a Virtual Open Day tour has been made available to view on the website. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the school office and staff will be happy to help:...
With everything moving so fast I am writing to again update you on how things are in Buckinghamshire, what we are asking people to do to keep us all safe and the campaign we will be running to help keep Buckinghamshire out of the 'High' category for COVID.The situation in BuckinghamshireThis week there is a clear message as unfortunately we are starting to see more hospital...