Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th May 2017 6:00pm
A timely message from Thames Valley Police: make sure you don't invite opportunist criminals this weekend
As the weather is warming up please take a moment to ensure that opportunist criminals don't have easy access to your belongings:
- If you are in your back garden make sure that all windows and doors at the front of your home are secured. It only takes a moment someone to reach in, or climb in and steal easily accessible items.
- Make sure you don't leave handbags, mobiles, keys etc near to an open window.
- When you go to bed take a moment to double check all your doors and windows are secure, especially easily accessed ones.
- Make sure your garden tools and equipment are locked away in a shed and are marked as belonging to you.
- Don't leave out ladders that could be used to access a 1st floor window. Chain them up.
- Lock bicycles away.
- If you are going away, tell a trusted neighbour and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Report anyone acting suspiciously to the police on 101, or if you think a crime is in progress dial on 999
Following some of these simple precautions will reduce the opportunities for thieves.
We hope your enjoy a safe and crime free bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham resident and prolific author, Martin Andrew, has just published another book. Read all about it here.Fans of CS Forester's novels — especially Flying Colours — and Ioan Gruffudd's portrayal of Horatio Hornblower will be in their element with this engaging true-life tale of a jaunt down the rivers Severn and Loire, the first a trial run and the latter a re-enactment of...
The 6th annual Haddenham Scarecrow Festival held in June by the Haddenham Scout and Guide Association was a great success in more ways than one. There were over 100 incredible creations in this year's event, which were very much enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. The 2021 Festival was held in aid of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity and the organisers set an ambitious target of...
The Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust have notified us that Walk-in COVID vaccinations will be available at Stoke Mandeville Stadium every day throughout the rest of July.The centre can vaccinate up to 600 people a day. It is welcoming anyone aged 18 and over who needs a Pfizer first or second dose — please ensure you leave at least eight weeks between doses.Now, anyone qualifying who wants...