Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th May 2017 6:00pm
A timely message from Thames Valley Police: make sure you don't invite opportunist criminals this weekend
As the weather is warming up please take a moment to ensure that opportunist criminals don't have easy access to your belongings:
- If you are in your back garden make sure that all windows and doors at the front of your home are secured. It only takes a moment someone to reach in, or climb in and steal easily accessible items.
- Make sure you don't leave handbags, mobiles, keys etc near to an open window.
- When you go to bed take a moment to double check all your doors and windows are secure, especially easily accessed ones.
- Make sure your garden tools and equipment are locked away in a shed and are marked as belonging to you.
- Don't leave out ladders that could be used to access a 1st floor window. Chain them up.
- Lock bicycles away.
- If you are going away, tell a trusted neighbour and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Report anyone acting suspiciously to the police on 101, or if you think a crime is in progress dial on 999
Following some of these simple precautions will reduce the opportunities for thieves.
We hope your enjoy a safe and crime free bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A number of local gardens will be open to visitors on the day of the traditional village fete once again this year — on Saturday 8th June.This year six gardens will be open, at:16 Church End (David and Angela Truesdale)The Malthouse, 4 Church End (Chris and Mary Wellby)9 Church End (Margaret Walshe)5 Flint Street (Ros Welch)15 Flint Street (Roderick and Cynthia Floud)Manor Farm...
Aperitif Recitals at St Mary's Church — Thursday May 23rd at 7pmAperitif Recitals is presenting the seventeenth of its almost astonishingly popular organ recital series. Perhaps these concerts are found to be so agreeable because the recital is short, no longer than forty minutes, and the audience enjoy wine and canapés as they both listen and watch.Video screens relay clear views for...
The Patient Participation Group in Haddenham is presenting a short play performed by The Human Story Theatre at Haddenham Library on Wednesday 22nd May at 7.00pm. The Human Story Theatre present Connie's Colander — a play about dementiaConnie is a retired domestic science teacher. Emily, her daughter, is enjoying hosting her first TV cookery show: Connie's Colander, bringing her...