St Mary's Church
Hartwell Nurseries HP17 8RZ
St Mary's Church
Church End Green
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th May 2017 6:00pm
A timely message from Thames Valley Police: make sure you don't invite opportunist criminals this weekend
As the weather is warming up please take a moment to ensure that opportunist criminals don't have easy access to your belongings:
- If you are in your back garden make sure that all windows and doors at the front of your home are secured. It only takes a moment someone to reach in, or climb in and steal easily accessible items.
- Make sure you don't leave handbags, mobiles, keys etc near to an open window.
- When you go to bed take a moment to double check all your doors and windows are secure, especially easily accessed ones.
- Make sure your garden tools and equipment are locked away in a shed and are marked as belonging to you.
- Don't leave out ladders that could be used to access a 1st floor window. Chain them up.
- Lock bicycles away.
- If you are going away, tell a trusted neighbour and ask them to keep an eye on your property.
- Report anyone acting suspiciously to the police on 101, or if you think a crime is in progress dial on 999
Following some of these simple precautions will reduce the opportunities for thieves.
We hope your enjoy a safe and crime free bank holiday weekend, whatever you are doing.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Winterfest is happening this coming Saturday!The village is gearing up for another great party -- Winterfest 2023Saturday's day of fun is fast approaching, and we can't wait to welcome you to the event. There is a lot going on and you can check this out either on Facebook or via the website but, and there is always a but, we do need to share some safety and other do's and...
Road Closure AnnouncementHaddenham Winterfest is happening this Saturday (9th December) on the village green and so there will a road closure along Aston Road from each corner of the green between 10am and...
The 4th Haddenham Festive Trail opens today (Saturday 2nd December) when lights throughout the village will be switched on from 4pm onwards. A big thank you to all those who signed up for this year's Trail, which includes almost 40 displays. The online Trail Map is included on this webpage — see the PDF — plus a List of Displays, which includes details about the name and creator of...