Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Village Hall Conference Room
Three Horseshoes Pub, Towersey
Walter Rose Room, HVH
By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd May 2017 5:30pm
Haddenham Playscheme is a community run scheme for local school children by volunteers for one week during the summer holidays. It has now been running for over 30 years!
The scheme offers a wide programme of activities for children aged 5-11 years (as at 31 August 2017) who are resident in Haddenham or attend any Haddenham school full time.
- Arts & Crafts
- Dance Workshops
- Specialist Sports Coaching
- Jewellery Making
- and so much more!
This year we are hoping to secure funding once again for Laser Quest and Zorb Balls from the Beer Festivals Trust!
The fee this year is £25.00 per child for the whole week — and that includes all materials, workshops, sports etc. Enrolments for the 2017 Playscheme will be held on the following dates:
|Community Infant School
|Tuesday 13th June
|St Mary's CE School
|Wednesday 14th June
|Community Junior School
|Thursday 15th June
If you cannot make any of the above enrolment dates, please contact Shelley or Abi.
Please note that any applications for enrolment received after Friday 7th July will incur a late enrolment charge of £5.00 per family.
The enrolment form is available by clicking on the PDF document below the images on this page.
Please read the following guidelines & procedures.
We take the safety and security of your children very seriously. Please take the time to read the following Enrolment Guidelines & Procedures. In addition, please ensure you read all the notices on display during the week of Playscheme.
1. All children MUST be signed in and out of every session of Playscheme. Children who are not allowed to walk home alone must remain in the school hall until collected by a parent or authorised adult.
2. If your child/children is registered and to be collected by WASP Club, they must remain in the school hall until collected by a WASP Club member of staff (please see note i below)
3. We ask PARENTS to help for AT LEAST ONE SESSION PER CHILD ATTENDING. We welcome any parents that can offer their help for more sessions than required. Dads are always welcome! Unfortunately we cannot accept help from Childminders, Nannies, grandparents etc in replace of parents help.
4. Children/parents that are not enrolled with Playscheme (as either a member or helper) must not enter the premises after registration has taken place. If you need to do so, please ensure you notify a Co-Ordinator of your arrival.
5. Under 5s — we are unable to offer places on the main Playscheme to children who are 5 after 31 August 2017. However, to enable parents with younger children to take their turn to help, we offer an Under 5's Club — free of charge. This facility can only be used on the days where parents are helping at Playscheme. All 4 years olds in the Under 5s Club will be given the opportunity to try some of the activities on offer at the main Playscheme — under close supervision.
6. Children under the age of 12 at 31st August 2017 cannot be registered as a Playscheme helper. They must pay and enrol to attend Playscheme.
7. Children aged 12-14 at 31st august 2017 can only help on the days that their parents are also helping. 12 — 14 year olds are not permitted to help on cookery, woodcraft or any other activity that has Health & Safety considerations.
8. Senior school children aged 15-18 at 31st August 2017 can help independently of parents helping but may still be limited to some activities.
9. Please complete the Enrolment Form and answer all questions fully.
10. You will be asked to sign the Enrolment Form agreeing to all of our safety procedures.
11. Cheques should be made payable to 'Haddenham Playscheme'. We will issue a receipt for cash payments only.
12. Activity Timetables and Parent Helper Timetables will be issued once all the Parent Helper preferences have been collated — usually before the end of the summer term.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Tel: 01844 290171
Tel: 01844 698441
We look forward to seeing you at Playscheme 2017!!
We need the following items please:
Coloured buttons, junk modelling materials, yoghurt pots, egg boxes, newspapers, wallpaper for covering tables, pebbles, comics & magazines, small glass jars or dessert pots, Pringles tubes, wrapping paper and any unwanted craft materials.
Please ensure all recycled containers are washed and ready to use.