Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th September 2013 10:30am
'Haddenham's Got Talent' returned to the village's Youth & Community Centre on Saturday 7th September. The fundraising show was another glorious evening of fun and entertainment showcasing some of Haddenham's most promising entertainers of all ages. It was organised by Lynne Colley and MC'd by Gary McCarron.
On the bill were:
- Ms Timberlake*, who sang 'Power of Love' (Frankie Goes to Hollywood; also Gabrielle)
- Hanna Clements, with a virtuoso performance telling the tale of the frustrations of living in a noisy apartment block, and demonstrating Hanna's huge vocal range
- Paul Booth who sang and played his own songs, in a unique, self-deprecating style
- Oli Giles and Vicky Wyatt, who provided a zany singing sketch which concluded in sheer mayhem!
- Adrian Ripley, with his impressive 'memory man' demonstration
- Mary Pritchard, who delighted everyone with the skilled recitations of her own poetry
- Emma Batting, whose rendition of 'Set Fire to the Rain' (Adele) demonstrated her incredible voice
- Kim Biddulph, who sang a challenging Abba medley
- 'Wings of Icarus' — a two piece band, with Benedict Quinn and Brewster Mason singing their own compositions.
Every one of the acts deserved a medal for the sheer entertainment value. However, in the spirit of a Talent Show, one winner was decided by audience voting. And the winner was ....
Miss Timberlake* (for the second year running!)
Over £600 was raised by the event, which was held in memory of Hannah Bourke, who held the first Haddenham's Got Talent event to raise money for Path to Africa, a charity dear to her heart and one she visited in Tanzania shortly before died. On this occasion, all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy Society.
To see photographs, click here
* Haddenham.net does not publish the names of minors.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
For this year's national Bike Week (Sunday 30th May — Saturday 5th June) Zero Carbon Haddenham and the Safe Walking and Cycling group (HaddSWAC) have put together a self-guided family-friendly bike ride around the village.To take part, all you need to do is visit zeroch.org/bike-week/ to download the map and route description. You can set off whenever you like, go at your own pace, and...
The Haddenham pharmacy is doing AZ first and second jabs again from tomorrow for the next few weeks and in order to avoid wasting precious vaccine doses, will need some people who can be rung at the last minute for spare vaccines each day. Do you know anyone who: is over 40*, has not already had their first jab and would like to have the AZ vaccination at the Haddenham pharmacy? has...
Adrienne Ward's funeral will be held at Bierton Crematorium on Tuesday 18th May at 2pm. The Cortege will be passing through the village at 1.15pm, starting from Wilsons undertakers and travelling up Townside to the crossroads by the Rising Sun, through Fort End, past Banks Parade and along Woodways past the schools and then on to Bierton Crematorium.There will also be a Thanksgiving...