St Mary's Centre
Community Infant School
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th September 2013 10:30am
'Haddenham's Got Talent' returned to the village's Youth & Community Centre on Saturday 7th September. The fundraising show was another glorious evening of fun and entertainment showcasing some of Haddenham's most promising entertainers of all ages. It was organised by Lynne Colley and MC'd by Gary McCarron.
On the bill were:
- Ms Timberlake*, who sang 'Power of Love' (Frankie Goes to Hollywood; also Gabrielle)
- Hanna Clements, with a virtuoso performance telling the tale of the frustrations of living in a noisy apartment block, and demonstrating Hanna's huge vocal range
- Paul Booth who sang and played his own songs, in a unique, self-deprecating style
- Oli Giles and Vicky Wyatt, who provided a zany singing sketch which concluded in sheer mayhem!
- Adrian Ripley, with his impressive 'memory man' demonstration
- Mary Pritchard, who delighted everyone with the skilled recitations of her own poetry
- Emma Batting, whose rendition of 'Set Fire to the Rain' (Adele) demonstrated her incredible voice
- Kim Biddulph, who sang a challenging Abba medley
- 'Wings of Icarus' — a two piece band, with Benedict Quinn and Brewster Mason singing their own compositions.
Every one of the acts deserved a medal for the sheer entertainment value. However, in the spirit of a Talent Show, one winner was decided by audience voting. And the winner was ....
Miss Timberlake* (for the second year running!)
Over £600 was raised by the event, which was held in memory of Hannah Bourke, who held the first Haddenham's Got Talent event to raise money for Path to Africa, a charity dear to her heart and one she visited in Tanzania shortly before died. On this occasion, all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy Society.
To see photographs, click here
* Haddenham.net does not publish the names of minors.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Turn End Trust has extended its events programme for the Autumn Season to include Masterclass in Photography, a Talk on the garden and grounds at Canterbury Cathedral and a Cultural Tour of HarlowNew to the programme is a Masterclass in Photography (on Thursday 19th September, 10.00:4.00pm, £130.00/ or £120 for Friends of Turn End) with award-winning photographer Jason Ingram...
An afternoon visit to Wormsley Walled Garden, near Stokenchurch, is taking place on 7th August.It has been organised by Haddenham Horticultural Society but is open to anyone who would like to attend. Unfortunately the estate manager there has now asked us for final numbers by next Wednesday (17th July) so if you are interested in attending please let me know a.s.a.p. by email to...
On Friday 12th July, Haddenham St Mary's School is hosting an attempt to beat the Guinness World Record for the 'Most people in a nursery rhyme singing relay'!The current GWR is 288 and children from HStM and Haddenham Community Junior School are coming together to sing one word each at a time of 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'!They Did It!The children achieved a new record...