Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th September 2013 10:30am
'Haddenham's Got Talent' returned to the village's Youth & Community Centre on Saturday 7th September. The fundraising show was another glorious evening of fun and entertainment showcasing some of Haddenham's most promising entertainers of all ages. It was organised by Lynne Colley and MC'd by Gary McCarron.
On the bill were:
- Ms Timberlake*, who sang 'Power of Love' (Frankie Goes to Hollywood; also Gabrielle)
- Hanna Clements, with a virtuoso performance telling the tale of the frustrations of living in a noisy apartment block, and demonstrating Hanna's huge vocal range
- Paul Booth who sang and played his own songs, in a unique, self-deprecating style
- Oli Giles and Vicky Wyatt, who provided a zany singing sketch which concluded in sheer mayhem!
- Adrian Ripley, with his impressive 'memory man' demonstration
- Mary Pritchard, who delighted everyone with the skilled recitations of her own poetry
- Emma Batting, whose rendition of 'Set Fire to the Rain' (Adele) demonstrated her incredible voice
- Kim Biddulph, who sang a challenging Abba medley
- 'Wings of Icarus' — a two piece band, with Benedict Quinn and Brewster Mason singing their own compositions.
Every one of the acts deserved a medal for the sheer entertainment value. However, in the spirit of a Talent Show, one winner was decided by audience voting. And the winner was ....
Miss Timberlake* (for the second year running!)
Over £600 was raised by the event, which was held in memory of Hannah Bourke, who held the first Haddenham's Got Talent event to raise money for Path to Africa, a charity dear to her heart and one she visited in Tanzania shortly before died. On this occasion, all proceeds are going to the Epilepsy Society.
To see photographs, click here
* Haddenham.net does not publish the names of minors.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here is a list of Christmas services in Haddenham churches:Churches Together in Haddenham Fri 13th Dec 7.00pm Village Carol Service in Village Hall Methodist Church Sun 15th Dec 10.15am JAM service with the Baptist Church Sun 22nd Dec 3.00pm Carol Service, followed by tea and mince pies Wed 25th Dec 9.30am Christmas Day Service with our Baptist friends at..
... by becoming a befriender.We all need a helping hand or listening ear — sometimes more so due to health, isolation or recovery following an operation. Local charity, Connection Support, are looking for volunteer befrienders to support their Prevention Matters clients to build a more fulfilling life in Buckinghamshire.Prevention Matters help adults regain confidence, maintain independence...
Haddenham Community Fair 2020In January 2017 and again in September 2018 Haddenham Village Society organised a Community Fair which provided an opportunity for local groups representing a wide range of activities to 'set out their stalls' for Haddenham villagers, particularly for our many newcomers. The Village Society is very pleased to announce that next February, on 'leap...