By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A new £3.7 million mixed-use development in Haddenham has been completed and over half of the properties available have already been snapped up.Aviator House, situated on the former Haddenham Airfield, has been delivered by Midlands-based Deeley Construction in partnership with Henry Davidson Developments.The development features 17 high-specification apartments, a Co-Operative store...
Public consultation during the creation of Haddenham's Neighbourhood Plan identified as a priority the redevelopment of the Banks Park site as a modernised village hub. After several years of planning by the Parish Council and the Village Hall Management Committee, the first phase of the project is now well underway.Among other objectives, the redevelopment will provide a modern...
Haddenham St Mary's CE School PTA is organising a Winter Walk in December which will run until New Year. Organisers have produced a trail map of a walking route round the centre of the village, around which families can find 10 festive symbols displayed in the windows of local businesses and organisations. The trail map also includes the secret key that de-codes the symbols into letters of...