Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Aperitif Recitals at St Mary's Church — Thursday May 23rd at 7pmAperitif Recitals is presenting the seventeenth of its almost astonishingly popular organ recital series. Perhaps these concerts are found to be so agreeable because the recital is short, no longer than forty minutes, and the audience enjoy wine and canapés as they both listen and watch.Video screens relay clear views for...
The Patient Participation Group in Haddenham is presenting a short play performed by The Human Story Theatre at Haddenham Library on Wednesday 22nd May at 7.00pm. The Human Story Theatre present Connie's Colander — a play about dementiaConnie is a retired domestic science teacher. Emily, her daughter, is enjoying hosting her first TV cookery show: Connie's Colander, bringing her...
Pete Summerskill, the Admin Manager for Haddenham Village Hall writes:The village hall AGM takes place on Wednesday 22nd May, to which all village residents and other users and potential users of the hall are invited. The meeting will be held in the Walter Rose Room, commencing at 8.00pm. Please invite anyone else you think may be interested in coming along as this is open to all, not just...