St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Updates to the UK's Highway Code come into force this Saturday, 29th January — are you familiar with the key changes?The overriding principle is for the least vulnerable road users to give priority to the most vulnerable.The priority order now looks like this:1. Pedestrians2. Cyclists3. Horse Riders4. Motorcyclists5. Cars/Taxis6. Vans/Minibuses7. HGVsHere's an article lifted...
The Haddenham Village Society's most recent meeting was held on Wednesday 12th January, at 8pm, via Zoom. Following the brief 'business' elements of the AGM, the meeting continued with engaging and practical presentations on achieving greater energy efficiency in our homes. One presentation, by Cllr Nick Kidby, dealt with Parish Council climate change activities, including home...
Following the public vote for the most popular Christmas Trail Decorations, Haddenham Garden Centre very generously donated gift tokens as a 'thank you' on behalf of the Haddenham community to the creators of those displays.On Thursday 6th January Kate Hawkins, from Haddenham Garden Centre, presented the prizes.Creator of the most popular Festive Trail entry, Fiona Harding (who lives...