Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Yesterday. Saturday 19th June, was the last day of the GP-led COVID vaccination hub at Stoke Mandeville Stadium supported by Haddenham Medical Centre.It has been a wonderful experience to work with colleagues from practices across the Aylesbury Vale including many GPs and nurses who returned from retirement to help the vaccination effort.We have had inspirational leadership from Dr Sajid...
Haddenham Youth FC, a welcoming football club that aims to develop players in a fun and friendly environment, is currently looking for boys to join next season's under-11s team.Whilst the team has a healthy squad size, the move from 7-a-side to 9-a-side has opened up the opportunity for more boys to train and play. All standards are welcome, as long as the boys are able to train and play...
Announcement from the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust:One of the toughest things for the festivals team about having to cancel them is knowing we are not able to raise funds for local good causes. We know that so many, particularly the smaller organisations, who don't have the resources to undertake the complex application process for national grants, rely on us to keep their ventures...