Bernard Hall, Cuddington
From Bradmoor Farm
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Treble Clefs, the children's choir from Haddenham St Mary's CE School are having a busy time in the run-up to Christmas.So far, under the guidance of music teacher Elizabeth Law, their guest appearances at various village locations and events have included live performances at:The Tythe Barn at ChristmasThe Christian Aid Coffee Morning at the Methodist ChurchThe Christmas...
Buckinghamshire County Council is consulting on changes to early help services for children and families. It wants the views of Bucks residents on these proposals.In particular:The priorities for supporting families in need of assistance.The different options for an early help service and how BCC could best support vulnerable families, including the council's preferred option of a...
Followers of the Witchert Chorale have come to expect an evening of first class music with a mix of well-loved and recondite numbers delivered with the group's trade-mark humour and sparkle. Saturday's Christmas concert in St Mary's was no exception.It was to be an evening of Handel and his contemporaries, than which, with this group in that setting, a more delightful prospect...