Village Hall Car Park
Committee Room, HVH
Youth & Community Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
For more information, please see the Hodson's website here
Or contact Martin directly: Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01844 291244
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Churches Together in Haddenham Good Friday, 7th April 10:00 Procession of Witness from Townsend Green followed by service at 11:00am at St. Mary's Church led by Revd Keith Edwards Easter Morning, 9th April 06:30 Sunrise Service in the Baptist burial ground led by Revd Cassa Messervy followed by breakfast in the Baptist Schoolroom Haddenham Baptist Church Maundy..
The Village Hall Users Group would greatly appreciate your participation in a brief survey regarding the Village Hall's transition to the use of solar panels. Your input will help us gauge community interest in this sustainable energy solution. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please find the survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.u...
...Damned If You Don't!The challenges of moderating a community Facebook pageSocial media has tremendous benefits, but it also presents some significant challenges.Haddenham dotNetThe Haddenham dotNet Facebook page has existed since 2016 and now has a following of over 5,000 local residents. In some ways the platform has become "the local newspaper" as fewer people...