By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are pleased to report that the Aylesbury Vaccination Hub at Stoke Mandeville Stadium has had a very successful start over the weekend. Our team has been active with almost every single doctor and nurse involved in jabbing over the weekend, with great support from our admin team and Ellen Solley, our Practice Manager.Which vaccines are currently available?The Pfizer BioNTech vaccine...
If you are hoping to be early in the queue for a Covid vacination, here is a helpful 'walk-through' video to help you understand the process before you get to the Vaccination Centre.It shows you what to expect when you are booked in for your Covid vaccine at the Stoke Mandceville Stadium and gives an outline of the process from start to finish. You can access it by clicking on this...
Interested in discounted solar panels? The Solar Streets project has been extended to Haddenham residents and businesses.Zero Carbon Haddenham are hosting a Solar Streets Q&A session Zoom on Thu 21st Jan 2021, 7.30-8.30pm.To register for the meeting and find out more information, click here: https://solarstreets.co.uk/haddenham.11(https://solarstree...