St Mary's Centre
WRR in village hall
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary are hosting a Charity Quiz Night on Saturday 26th October, in support of Rotary's global 'End Polio Now' programme to eradicate Polio worldwide.Only two countries remain in which Polio is present 'in the wild': Afghanistan and Pakistan. For every £1.00 raised, the Bill Gates Foundation gives £2.00 There are NO administration costs...
An unusually rich musical experience was enjoyed by those who attended the latest Aperitif Recital at St Mary's on Thursday 17th October. Richard Gowers, already an internationally distinguished organist at the age of 24, gave us a brilliant rendering of Julius Reubke's Sonata on the 94th psalm. Few in the audience will have heard of Reubke and most will have needed reminding of the...
Robyn Thorogood, Volunteer Manager of the Snakemoor Nature Reserve, writes...A sunny morning greeted us on Saturday 19th October and we had a great volunteer work group with 14 turn up to help maintain and improve Snakemoor. It was a very productive morning.A significant task was cutting and removing the increasingly large branches growing above the Willow tunnel. So big branches of the...