Foyer of VH
Towsend Community Orchard
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
It's Palm Sunday tomorrow, 5th April. The Wychert Vale benefice, of which Haddenham is part, has a range of locally created video resources for those adults and children wishing to engage with Holy Week. These include:· A Service of Holy Communion for Palm Sunday· A short reflection on Palms and Palm Sunday by Revd Jonathan Hawkins· 'What About Donkey?' — a story for...
JMW Vicary, the Haddenham pharmacy, has advised that prescription requests will be available to collect in 5 working days from the date of request. The pharmacy is very full now of medicines waiting to be collected so if you did order your prescription over 5 days ago, please collect it from them as soon as possible to help them create some space. Anyone who has requested home delivery will...
Here is the latest update from the new unitary council for Buckinghamshire, dated 02 April 2020Dear Resident,We have now become one new council, Buckinghamshire Council, providing all council services in Buckinghamshire, to all of our residents, as one team.This change has come at an incredibly testing time but I am so proud of how our teams have risen to the challenge. We are working...