St Mary's Centre
Walter Rose Room
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
There will be an Aylesbury Vale by-election for a District Councillor to represent Haddenham & Stone on Thursday, 7th March. Haddenham Village Society has organised hustings, at which the candidates will present their case, on Wednesday 27th February in the Haddenham Community Library, commencing at 8.00pm. All four candidates have confirmed their participation; they will make short speeches...
A new introductory four-morning garden design course, studying the key principles of garden design in the acclaimed setting of Turn End house and garden, has been added to the Trust's event programme.It will be led by garden designer Deborah Lewis and held over four mornings ((10.00am-12.30pm) on the following dates: Tuesday 14th MayTuesday 21st MayTuesday 4th June and Tuesday 11th...
Here's the latest communication from the Green Phoenix Team, the group seeking to purchase the Green Dragon on behalf of the Haddenham community.Legal WorkA great deal of work on both the legal and financial side of things is happening behind the scenes. This is clearly vital to move the community project forward. We hope to have some information and documentation to share with you in...