Haddenham Medical Centre
Scout & Guide Centre, Banks Park
Roman Catholic Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 28th July 2013 6:30pm
Do you enjoy walking? Have you toyed with the idea of visiting Israel to visit some important biblical locations and landmarks? Then this news could be just the thing.
Rev. Margot Hodson, vicar at St Mary's Parish Church in Haddenham and her husband Dr Martin Hodson, are planning to lead a hiking tour to Israel in March 2014. The trip will come under the banner of the Shoresh Study Tours, which focus on examining Jewish roots of the Christian faith.
Margot and Martin write:
"We want to introduce you to the Israel most tours do not see. It is a hiking tour, and so you will need a reasonable level of fitness, but you will not need to be a mountaineer!
We will literally walk where Jesus walked in Jerusalem, Judea and Northern Israel.
March is the best time to see the spring flowers and migratory birds. We will spend some time thinking about the plants, the animals and the landscapes in the Bible, but we also want to consider environmental issues in Israel today. It will be great — do join us!"
Hiking tour with Martin & Margot Hodson: 20th--29th March 2014
Price: £1,299* Single supplement £249
* Land only. Tour participants are responsible for any dramatic dollar to pound changes and their own flights.
- Day 1 Arrival in Israel and transfer to Jerusalem
- Day 2 Walking in the Old City — the Ramparts, biblical sites etc.
- Day 3 Hiking in the Judean Hills including the Road to Emmaus
- Day 4 Morning Worship at Christ Church, Jerusalem with a free afternoon.
- Day 5 Walking in the New City of Jerusalem including the historic neighbourhoods and outdoor market. Free afternoon
- Day 6 In the Footsteps of Jesus from The Mount of Olives to The Garden Tomb. Afternoon walk in the Judean Desert
- Day 7 Nazareth & section of "Jesus Trail" including Mount Arbel
- Day 8 Around the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Hula Valley
- Day 9 Hiking including biblical sites on Mount Carmel and/or the coast
- Day 10 Departure for the UK
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Looking for an outdoor activity to enjoy on these bright Autumn days?Here's an option that will appeal to folk of all ages — a village walk with an intellectual challenge!A Treasure Trail has been created by Pam Harding and Myrtle White comprising a circular route around some of the older parts of the village with observational questions that are suitable for all ages. An interesting...
Haddenham Tennis Club is hosting another of its popular October Holiday Tennis Camps for 4-14 year olds from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. Established for many years, these offer excellent value for money from £12 half day and £20 full day, run by popular Club Coach Blaise and his team.The club also offers a full range of weekly coached and drop-in sessions for all ages...
It seems that there will now be two different Brown Bin emptying days, depending on where you live in Haddenham. You will have been allocated to Brown Bin 'Week One' or Brown Bin 'Week Two'. Take a look at the printed schedule that AVDC sent you to determine which one you're in.BROWN BIN — WEEK 1If your card shows that your first brown/garden bin collection date was...