By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd July 2013 11:00am
We have been asked by Silvi to pass on some sad news about Café Cibo.
As we reported a few days ago, the café has had to close due to logistical and financial challenges. We had hoped that this would be a temporary situation. However, following Dom's stroke in May, Silvi has found it impossible to maintain the café as a serious going concern — even with the very kind help of her staff and various volunteers.
Once again, she has asked us to express her sincere thanks to all those who have made personal donations to help during this desperately challenging time. Silvi has used these monetary gifts solely to help meet immediate day-to-day living expenses and ongoing business costs over the last two months. However, these costs cannot be turned off even though the Café is not able to function properly. She has had no option but to close the business.
It is clear that Silvi feels very distressed about the situation and is particularly burdened with a sense of "having let the community down". In response, close friends have tried to reassure her that the generous support shown to the couple in recent weeks was out of a sense of love and affection for them, rather than to secure the café's survival.
Your thoughts and prayers for Dom's continuing recovery are appreciated.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...