By Haddenham Webteam - 1st November 2012 1:01am
An Information Fair is taking place in the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing exhibits and expert advice on FREE local services for older people. The doors open at 1.30pm.
Come and speak directly with people who provide a huge range of services supporting older people locally. No need to book. Go to whichever stands you are interested in. Stay as long as you like.
Free tea and cakes!
The organisations that will be represented at the fair include:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
More details from Lynne Maddocks. Tel: 01296 585364
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Sixty Plus Club (formerly The Darby & Joan Club) had their first meeting at the Youth & Community Centre in September 1975, 'here we have settled happily & feel quite at home.' The last meeting we had at the Centre was on 19th February 2020.Sadly we must now leave the Centre as it is needed for the safe running of the Junior School because of the pandemic. I have been associated...
We are very sad to announce that the beer festival committee and trustees have made the very difficult decision to cancel this year's Winterfest. When we were forced to cancel Summerfest way back in March we were very hopeful that things would be more stable by now and allow us to hold our fantastic annual Christmas event, but times are still too uncertain. The recent tightening of lockdown...
Alison writes:"My Dad lives in Haddenham and is seriously ill. I need to visit from the USA and I'm therefore looking for short term accommodation.I'm living in Texas at the moment, but due to the urgency of my Dad's illness I have just booked flights from Texas to London and will arrive on Saturday morning 19th September. I need somewhere to stay for 4-6 weeks, ideally self...