St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 1st November 2012 1:01am
An Information Fair is taking place in the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing exhibits and expert advice on FREE local services for older people. The doors open at 1.30pm.
Come and speak directly with people who provide a huge range of services supporting older people locally. No need to book. Go to whichever stands you are interested in. Stay as long as you like.
Free tea and cakes!
The organisations that will be represented at the fair include:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
More details from Lynne Maddocks. Tel: 01296 585364
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Updates to the UK's Highway Code come into force this Saturday, 29th January — are you familiar with the key changes?The overriding principle is for the least vulnerable road users to give priority to the most vulnerable.The priority order now looks like this:1. Pedestrians2. Cyclists3. Horse Riders4. Motorcyclists5. Cars/Taxis6. Vans/Minibuses7. HGVsHere's an article lifted...
The Haddenham Village Society's most recent meeting was held on Wednesday 12th January, at 8pm, via Zoom. Following the brief 'business' elements of the AGM, the meeting continued with engaging and practical presentations on achieving greater energy efficiency in our homes. One presentation, by Cllr Nick Kidby, dealt with Parish Council climate change activities, including home...
Following the public vote for the most popular Christmas Trail Decorations, Haddenham Garden Centre very generously donated gift tokens as a 'thank you' on behalf of the Haddenham community to the creators of those displays.On Thursday 6th January Kate Hawkins, from Haddenham Garden Centre, presented the prizes.Creator of the most popular Festive Trail entry, Fiona Harding (who lives...