By Haddenham Webteam - 25th June 2020 8:30pm
We are deeply saddened to report the death of Janet Piers, beloved and devoted wife for 42 years of Bill Piers, who passed away peacefully at the Florence Nightingale Hospice on Thursday 18th June.
Janet had a debilitating year, suffering from undiagnosed pancreatic cancer.
Her funeral, family only, will take place at Bierton Crematorium on Monday 29th June at 11.00am.
John Wilson will lead the hearse out of Stokes End at 10:15am so people can wave farewell as she starts her final journey.
Bill and Janet's daughter Sarah delivered a bonny granddaughter Emily May 12 hours after her mother passed away.
If you would like to view a video recording of the funeral service online (available until 6th July 2020) here are the details:
Janet Anne Piers
(15 May 1953 — 18 June 2020)
29 June 2020
Webcast (until 6th July 2020) at:
Order ID: 38343
NB: There is a delay on the video at the start. The actual service commences at 3 min 44 sec.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...