By Helen Lewis - 16th July 2018 2:30pm
On Saturday 14th July the 'Haddenham Hopefuls' Relay for Life team hosted a family treasure/scavenger hunt around the village. This was a free-to-enter event open to all, using lesser-known pathways and alleyways as well as taking in the community orchard.
Approximately 18 families who took part in the Scavenger hunt — some actually finishing the whole route even though it was an extremely hot afternoon!
Participants were sent out with a quiz sheet and a small paper bag with a list of things to collect and this seemed to be what the children enjoyed the most.
On their return to the Sports & Social Club building they were awarded a goody bag and a drinks voucher for £5 per family from Ian, as way of thanks and welcome to the club.
This was a free event and organisers did hope for more of a turn-out but those families who came said they had a lovely time.
In addition a raffle made another £150 for the Relay for Life pot.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...