By Susan Toner - 28th November 2020 10:00am
Haddenham Community Library is re-opening on Friday 4th December — plus a Christmas Bonus for Borrowers!
The library is back in business following the lifting of the government's second lockdown restrictions and we are ready to welcome you back at 10.00am on Friday 4th December.
As Buckinghamshire has been placed in Tier 2, libraries will be able to operate as usual, obviously taking all necessary precautions to prevent the transmission of the Coronavirus. So, just to remind you :
- If you just want to return borrowed books then please leave them in the blue boxes in the porch and we will process them after 72 hours quarantine.
- If you want to collect books you have reserved or browse our shelves and select books then come on in.
- Please remember to sanitise your hands before entering the library and that face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 11 years unless there is a valid reason for them not to do so.
- In order to keep you safe we have to limit the number of people coming into the library. You will find a member of the library staff on the door to help you.
- As we can get very busy at times, we may have to ask you to queue outside the library for a short time
- The NHS Track and Trace QR code is displayed for you to use on your phone or we have a simple paper version for you to complete as necessary
You can find more information about our opening hours and services if you visit our recently upgraded website: www.haddenhamcommunitylibrary.org.uk
Christmas Bonus for Borrowers:
The library will be open an extra day on Saturday 19th December, from 10.00 am until 1.00pm for the borrowing and return of books.
Full notice of our Christmas opening times will be published soon.
We look forward to seeing you back in the Library and have lots of lovely new books on our shelves for you to enjoy!
Chair, Library Trustees
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...