Dinton Parish Church
St Mary's Church
Hartwell Nurseries HP17 8RZ
St Mary's Church
By Susan Toner - 28th November 2020 10:00am
Haddenham Community Library is re-opening on Friday 4th December — plus a Christmas Bonus for Borrowers!
The library is back in business following the lifting of the government's second lockdown restrictions and we are ready to welcome you back at 10.00am on Friday 4th December.
As Buckinghamshire has been placed in Tier 2, libraries will be able to operate as usual, obviously taking all necessary precautions to prevent the transmission of the Coronavirus. So, just to remind you :
- If you just want to return borrowed books then please leave them in the blue boxes in the porch and we will process them after 72 hours quarantine.
- If you want to collect books you have reserved or browse our shelves and select books then come on in.
- Please remember to sanitise your hands before entering the library and that face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 11 years unless there is a valid reason for them not to do so.
- In order to keep you safe we have to limit the number of people coming into the library. You will find a member of the library staff on the door to help you.
- As we can get very busy at times, we may have to ask you to queue outside the library for a short time
- The NHS Track and Trace QR code is displayed for you to use on your phone or we have a simple paper version for you to complete as necessary
You can find more information about our opening hours and services if you visit our recently upgraded website: www.haddenhamcommunitylibrary.org.uk
Christmas Bonus for Borrowers:
The library will be open an extra day on Saturday 19th December, from 10.00 am until 1.00pm for the borrowing and return of books.
Full notice of our Christmas opening times will be published soon.
We look forward to seeing you back in the Library and have lots of lovely new books on our shelves for you to enjoy!
Chair, Library Trustees
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The 4th Haddenham Festive Trail opens today (Saturday 2nd December) when lights throughout the village will be switched on from 4pm onwards. A big thank you to all those who signed up for this year's Trail, which includes almost 40 displays. The online Trail Map is included on this webpage — see the PDF — plus a List of Displays, which includes details about the name and creator of...
On 20th November 2023, Beryl House, Aged 91, beloved mother, grandmother and great grandmother, sadly passed away at the Mandeville Grange Nursing Home in Aylesbury.Born at Lower Winchendon, Beryl married Wally in 1951 and they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 2001. They lived for a number of years in Aylesbury before moving to Churchway Haddenham in 1982, and then to Willis Road...
Haddenham Youth Football Club (HYFC) is kicking off a new initiative in 2024 to develop a community of referees to help support the local grassroots game for local children. The club is keen to sponsor potential referees through their FA qualification in return for a limited number of free match fees.Refereeing can be a hugely rewarding way of being involved in the game for those ages 15 or...