Snakemoor Nature Reserve
Walter Rose Room, HVH
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Susan Toner - 28th November 2020 10:00am
Haddenham Community Library is re-opening on Friday 4th December — plus a Christmas Bonus for Borrowers!
The library is back in business following the lifting of the government's second lockdown restrictions and we are ready to welcome you back at 10.00am on Friday 4th December.
As Buckinghamshire has been placed in Tier 2, libraries will be able to operate as usual, obviously taking all necessary precautions to prevent the transmission of the Coronavirus. So, just to remind you :
- If you just want to return borrowed books then please leave them in the blue boxes in the porch and we will process them after 72 hours quarantine.
- If you want to collect books you have reserved or browse our shelves and select books then come on in.
- Please remember to sanitise your hands before entering the library and that face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 11 years unless there is a valid reason for them not to do so.
- In order to keep you safe we have to limit the number of people coming into the library. You will find a member of the library staff on the door to help you.
- As we can get very busy at times, we may have to ask you to queue outside the library for a short time
- The NHS Track and Trace QR code is displayed for you to use on your phone or we have a simple paper version for you to complete as necessary
You can find more information about our opening hours and services if you visit our recently upgraded website: www.haddenhamcommunitylibrary.org.uk
Christmas Bonus for Borrowers:
The library will be open an extra day on Saturday 19th December, from 10.00 am until 1.00pm for the borrowing and return of books.
Full notice of our Christmas opening times will be published soon.
We look forward to seeing you back in the Library and have lots of lovely new books on our shelves for you to enjoy!
Chair, Library Trustees
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
There was an unpleasant incident outside the Haddenham pharmacy on Tuesday when a man behaved aggressively towards the volunteer marshals.Writes Martin Andrew, Marshal Co-ordinator:"My shift leader had asked the man whether he had a mask as it was necessary for going into the pharmacy. He responded badly and said he would be reporting us (not sure to whom) and that we should have asked...
Looking for Xmas gifts that you can easily post? The museum 2022 calendar is on sale now in the museum and at Blooming Fruity. The theme is 'Haddenham Fifty Years Ago' and features photos taken by Peter Gulland. They cost £4 for members and £5 for others. Envelopes for posting are...
Churches Together in Haddenham will be offering a personal memorial service on Wednesday 3rd November, at 3pm in the Baptist Church.These last few years have given us more than our fair share of grief, exacerbated by the disruption to our support networks and interruptions to our usual grieving patterns. Our hope is that the service will provide a quiet reflective space to remember those we...