Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Susan Toner - 28th November 2020 10:00am
Haddenham Community Library is re-opening on Friday 4th December — plus a Christmas Bonus for Borrowers!
The library is back in business following the lifting of the government's second lockdown restrictions and we are ready to welcome you back at 10.00am on Friday 4th December.
As Buckinghamshire has been placed in Tier 2, libraries will be able to operate as usual, obviously taking all necessary precautions to prevent the transmission of the Coronavirus. So, just to remind you :
- If you just want to return borrowed books then please leave them in the blue boxes in the porch and we will process them after 72 hours quarantine.
- If you want to collect books you have reserved or browse our shelves and select books then come on in.
- Please remember to sanitise your hands before entering the library and that face coverings must be worn by everyone over the age of 11 years unless there is a valid reason for them not to do so.
- In order to keep you safe we have to limit the number of people coming into the library. You will find a member of the library staff on the door to help you.
- As we can get very busy at times, we may have to ask you to queue outside the library for a short time
- The NHS Track and Trace QR code is displayed for you to use on your phone or we have a simple paper version for you to complete as necessary
You can find more information about our opening hours and services if you visit our recently upgraded website: www.haddenhamcommunitylibrary.org.uk
Christmas Bonus for Borrowers:
The library will be open an extra day on Saturday 19th December, from 10.00 am until 1.00pm for the borrowing and return of books.
Full notice of our Christmas opening times will be published soon.
We look forward to seeing you back in the Library and have lots of lovely new books on our shelves for you to enjoy!
Chair, Library Trustees
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham resident and prolific author, Martin Andrew, has just published another book. Read all about it here.Fans of CS Forester's novels — especially Flying Colours — and Ioan Gruffudd's portrayal of Horatio Hornblower will be in their element with this engaging true-life tale of a jaunt down the rivers Severn and Loire, the first a trial run and the latter a re-enactment of...
The 6th annual Haddenham Scarecrow Festival held in June by the Haddenham Scout and Guide Association was a great success in more ways than one. There were over 100 incredible creations in this year's event, which were very much enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. The 2021 Festival was held in aid of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity and the organisers set an ambitious target of...
The Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust have notified us that Walk-in COVID vaccinations will be available at Stoke Mandeville Stadium every day throughout the rest of July.The centre can vaccinate up to 600 people a day. It is welcoming anyone aged 18 and over who needs a Pfizer first or second dose — please ensure you leave at least eight weeks between doses.Now, anyone qualifying who wants...