Wherever You Are!
By Haddenham Webteam - 29th July 2013 7:30pm
Thames Valley Police continue to warn of thefts from sheds and garages in Aylesbury Vale, and would like to encourage residents to take more precautions.
They offer the following suggestions:
- Keep your shed in good condition
- Fit a closed shackle padlock to the door
- Fittings should be bolted through the door and screws concealed by the use of tamper proof screws or coach bolts
- Consider fitting a good quality pad bar
- Ensure all equipment and tools are locked away when not in use
- Install a shed alarm
- Post-code or mark all property such as lawnmowers, bikes, and tools using ultraviolet pens, forensic marking such as Selecta DNA, Smartwater, CREmark or engravers.
- Install security lighting as a deterrent
- Plants thorny shrubs to act as a barrier at potential access points
- Ensure ladders are locked to a secure fixture in the shed or garage so they can't be used to reach top floor windows
- Chain large items such as bicycles together, making it much more difficult for a thief to carry them away
- Fit a wire cage inside the shed where more expensive items can be locked away
No thief wants to hang about longer than strictly necessary, so anything you can do to increase the time it takes a burglar to access your tools and equipment will be an effective deterrent.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A new £3.7 million mixed-use development in Haddenham has been completed and over half of the properties available have already been snapped up.Aviator House, situated on the former Haddenham Airfield, has been delivered by Midlands-based Deeley Construction in partnership with Henry Davidson Developments.The development features 17 high-specification apartments, a Co-Operative store...
Public consultation during the creation of Haddenham's Neighbourhood Plan identified as a priority the redevelopment of the Banks Park site as a modernised village hub. After several years of planning by the Parish Council and the Village Hall Management Committee, the first phase of the project is now well underway.Among other objectives, the redevelopment will provide a modern...
Haddenham St Mary's CE School PTA is organising a Winter Walk in December which will run until New Year. Organisers have produced a trail map of a walking route round the centre of the village, around which families can find 10 festive symbols displayed in the windows of local businesses and organisations. The trail map also includes the secret key that de-codes the symbols into letters of...