Haddenham Medical Centre
Scout & Guide Centre, Banks Park
Roman Catholic Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 29th July 2013 7:30pm
Thames Valley Police continue to warn of thefts from sheds and garages in Aylesbury Vale, and would like to encourage residents to take more precautions.
They offer the following suggestions:
- Keep your shed in good condition
- Fit a closed shackle padlock to the door
- Fittings should be bolted through the door and screws concealed by the use of tamper proof screws or coach bolts
- Consider fitting a good quality pad bar
- Ensure all equipment and tools are locked away when not in use
- Install a shed alarm
- Post-code or mark all property such as lawnmowers, bikes, and tools using ultraviolet pens, forensic marking such as Selecta DNA, Smartwater, CREmark or engravers.
- Install security lighting as a deterrent
- Plants thorny shrubs to act as a barrier at potential access points
- Ensure ladders are locked to a secure fixture in the shed or garage so they can't be used to reach top floor windows
- Chain large items such as bicycles together, making it much more difficult for a thief to carry them away
- Fit a wire cage inside the shed where more expensive items can be locked away
No thief wants to hang about longer than strictly necessary, so anything you can do to increase the time it takes a burglar to access your tools and equipment will be an effective deterrent.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Looking for an outdoor activity to enjoy on these bright Autumn days?Here's an option that will appeal to folk of all ages — a village walk with an intellectual challenge!A Treasure Trail has been created by Pam Harding and Myrtle White comprising a circular route around some of the older parts of the village with observational questions that are suitable for all ages. An interesting...
Haddenham Tennis Club is hosting another of its popular October Holiday Tennis Camps for 4-14 year olds from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. Established for many years, these offer excellent value for money from £12 half day and £20 full day, run by popular Club Coach Blaise and his team.The club also offers a full range of weekly coached and drop-in sessions for all ages...
It seems that there will now be two different Brown Bin emptying days, depending on where you live in Haddenham. You will have been allocated to Brown Bin 'Week One' or Brown Bin 'Week Two'. Take a look at the printed schedule that AVDC sent you to determine which one you're in.BROWN BIN — WEEK 1If your card shows that your first brown/garden bin collection date was...