Corner of Potash Close
From Church End Green
Corner of Potash Close
Church End Green
By Haddenham Webteam - 29th July 2013 7:30pm
Thames Valley Police continue to warn of thefts from sheds and garages in Aylesbury Vale, and would like to encourage residents to take more precautions.
They offer the following suggestions:
- Keep your shed in good condition
- Fit a closed shackle padlock to the door
- Fittings should be bolted through the door and screws concealed by the use of tamper proof screws or coach bolts
- Consider fitting a good quality pad bar
- Ensure all equipment and tools are locked away when not in use
- Install a shed alarm
- Post-code or mark all property such as lawnmowers, bikes, and tools using ultraviolet pens, forensic marking such as Selecta DNA, Smartwater, CREmark or engravers.
- Install security lighting as a deterrent
- Plants thorny shrubs to act as a barrier at potential access points
- Ensure ladders are locked to a secure fixture in the shed or garage so they can't be used to reach top floor windows
- Chain large items such as bicycles together, making it much more difficult for a thief to carry them away
- Fit a wire cage inside the shed where more expensive items can be locked away
No thief wants to hang about longer than strictly necessary, so anything you can do to increase the time it takes a burglar to access your tools and equipment will be an effective deterrent.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are very sad to announce that the beer festival committee and trustees have made the very difficult decision to cancel this year's Winterfest. When we were forced to cancel Summerfest way back in March we were very hopeful that things would be more stable by now and allow us to hold our fantastic annual Christmas event, but times are still too uncertain. The recent tightening of lockdown...
Alison writes:"My Dad lives in Haddenham and is seriously ill. I need to visit from the USA and I'm therefore looking for short term accommodation.I'm living in Texas at the moment, but due to the urgency of my Dad's illness I have just booked flights from Texas to London and will arrive on Saturday morning 19th September. I need somewhere to stay for 4-6 weeks, ideally self...
Haddenham is scheduled to get Full Fibre Broadband next year, one of 11 places in Buckinghamshire. This is well on the way to being delivered in Marlow.The important thing is that this is not just another broadband supplier over the existing BT lines. This is a complete new infrastructure. Cables will go along BT ducts and poles where possible but some will be under pavements and verges. Each...