WRR in Village Hall
Church End Green
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Monday 13th September the Coop stores in Haddenham, Bedgrove, and Walton Court in collaboration presented a £600 Community Donation cheque towards AHS Aylesbury High School's racing and engineering projects.AHS has an e-power racing car team that competes in theregional races including Kop Hill Soap Box this month in Princes Risborough.The students are in the process of...
The long-standing tradition of holding a church service in association with the annual feast fair will return this coming weekend.The Churches Together in Haddenham Feast Service will take place on the green outside St Mary's Church on Sunday 19th September at 5.00pmIt will be led by Rev Cassa Masservy.All...
Having rubbish removed? Don't pay cash!Many of us are quite accustomed to paying 'cash-in-hand' to have odd jobs done to the house or in the garden — but if you ever need to have rubbish removed, this is the one time you should never pay cash.Did you know that your rubbish is far more likely to end up fly-tipped if you pay someone cash to remove it? A bona fide waste carrier...