Anywhere you choose!
Wherever You Are!
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham St Mary's CE School PTA is organising a Winter Walk in December which will run until New Year. Organisers have produced a trail map of a walking route round the centre of the village, around which families can find 10 festive symbols displayed in the windows of local businesses and organisations. The trail map also includes the secret key that de-codes the symbols into letters of...
The trustees of the Haddenham Parochial Charities are inviting applications from residents in need. Consisting of three registered ancient charities: Joseph Franklin (204185), Alms Corn (237265) and Revd John Willis (205529), the charities historically provided bread, coal and seed corn for the poor at Christmas. Nowadays, the trustees make a gift of money to claimants in need of support.To...
A tradesperson's van was broken into in Townside and tools stolen in the early hours of Sunday morning, 29th November. PCSO Danny Fahy would like to remind all Haddenham residents not to leave valuables of any kind visible in their vehicles and to ensure that cars and vans are always locked up when not in use. (Picture for illustration only — but this is a common break-in method in which...