By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via email@example.com
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Back in December 1993 the four Chrisitian churches (Anglican, Baptist, Catholic and Methodists) in the village of Haddenham held a special service during which a covenant (a set of promises) was established. It was a service that acknowledged our differences and celebrated the unique contribution brought by each tradition. But it was also a service that acknowledged that there was more that...
We have had a very busy and successful couple of days at the Stoke Mandeville Stadium Aylesbury Vaccination Centre. Most of our clinical team from Haddenham Medical Centre have been there at some point over this time both giving vaccines and in the really tricky work of vaccine preparation.The vaccines do not come prepared like flu jabs. There is an important, but painstaking, first stage of...
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...