St Mary's Church
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via email@example.com
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Monday morning 2nd October a short ribbon-cutting ceremony was conducted to mark officially the transfer of Blooming Fruity into community ownership. Greg Smith, chairman of the new community benefit society, wielded the scissors, alongside the shop team of Rebecca, Sandra, Cherry and Debbie, as well as former owner Sally, who is staying on temporarily to help with the transition.New...
Zero tolerance' approach to roadworks breachesThis year we've seen a record number of permit requests from utility firms — such as gas, water, electricity or communication companies — who want to access their infrastructure for repairs or improvement works. We know too that these works cause major disruption to road users across the county.Utility firms have a right to install and...