Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via email@example.com
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Yesterday. Saturday 19th June, was the last day of the GP-led COVID vaccination hub at Stoke Mandeville Stadium supported by Haddenham Medical Centre.It has been a wonderful experience to work with colleagues from practices across the Aylesbury Vale including many GPs and nurses who returned from retirement to help the vaccination effort.We have had inspirational leadership from Dr Sajid...
Haddenham Youth FC, a welcoming football club that aims to develop players in a fun and friendly environment, is currently looking for boys to join next season's under-11s team.Whilst the team has a healthy squad size, the move from 7-a-side to 9-a-side has opened up the opportunity for more boys to train and play. All standards are welcome, as long as the boys are able to train and play...
Announcement from the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust:One of the toughest things for the festivals team about having to cancel them is knowing we are not able to raise funds for local good causes. We know that so many, particularly the smaller organisations, who don't have the resources to undertake the complex application process for national grants, rely on us to keep their ventures...