Three Horseshoes Pub, Towersey
Walter Rose Room, HVH
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 26th February 2020 12:30pm
The Family Support Service in Bucks is looking for a Volunteer Parenting Mentor to join our Parenting Advice and Support Service to provide support, motivation, encouragement and advice to vulnerable parents enabling them to create a stable positive environment in which their children can thrive.
As a volunteer you will be able to:
- Visit families in their own homes at least once a week to help them achieve identified personal and family goals
- Encourage, listen and support parents to identify and work towards solutions
- Build a committed, time limited, trusting relationship with a family.
- Provide suggestions and advice where appropriate
Families will have an initial assessment with a Project worker at which they will identify three clear goals they would like to achieve with the support of the Parenting Mentor. This could include;
- Support families to enhance their skills, knowledge and resilience
- Supporting parents to build self esteem and confidence in their parenting role, increasing parental wellbeing
- Connect families to local services and support, building supportive social networks
- Support parents to identify children's needs and how to met those e.g. healthy meals, GP and dental appointments/creating routines
- Provide guidance, advice and support for parents and carers to enable children to learn necessary skills to build their own resilience, stay safe and access learning opportunities and education
Connection Support will provide volunteers with:
- In depth induction, training and on- going support
- Paid travelling and out of pocket expenses
- CPD accredited training
Connection Support feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact our Volunteer Coordinator in Buckinghamshire on 01296 484322 or email via email@example.com
Further details can be found on connectionsupport.org.uk/volunteer
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
This Sunday the 25th February the first Board Games Club will take place at the Airfield Pavilion, 2pm — 4:30pm Discover a world of gaming with an extensive board game collection! From classic family favourites to modern gems like Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride and more. There will be have a wide variety of games for younger children too, so bring the whole family...
Are you a relatively new resident in the village?Have you discovered the delights of Snakemoor yet — Haddenham's own little nature reserve, located on the West (Thame side) of the railway station?It's a wonderful area to walk and enjoy the countryside on our doorstep. And as you will see from the recent photographs kindly supplied by Gill Harvey, Spring is very much in sight. There...
A Proposal to Federate Haddenham Community Infant School and Haddenham Community Junior School from Autumn Term 2024Our Vision:Our vision for the Federation is to deliver an environment across the two schools where all pupils can thrive, by developing the existing close physical and working relationships between the schools.ProposalThe Governing Boards of Haddenham Community Infant...