WRR in HVH
Ticket Brew cafe
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2014 9:00pm
Our local electricity distribution company, UK Power Networks, has been notified of a severe weather warning from the Met Office with heavy rain, thunderstorms and lightning forecast to hit the East of England, South East of England and the London area tonight (Friday) and over Saturday 19th July.
Preparing for a power cut
Below is some advice on how householders can prepare for potential power cuts:
- Keep the UK Power Networks freephone number handy (0800 783 8866)
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches — local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won't work in the event of a power cut
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Exercise caution in localised flooded areas -specific advice is available on the Environment Agency website.
- Look out for elderly neighbours and other vulnerable people
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Do you know there are hundreds of e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and audio books available to read for free if you are a member of the library?Support is now available in Haddenham Community Library to help you to access and read them on your ipad/tablet, mobile phone, or personal computer.Friday mornings between 9.30am and 11.30am starting Friday 7th February.For more information or to...
The Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas.Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre!Most importantly, the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of fundraising for their chosen charities, and their performances...
As part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, Thame Choral Society will be performing Handel's Messiah in April.Ahead of this performance, the choir will be throwing open its doors to singers of all ages and abilities with one of its popular singing workshops. The event will be held on Saturday 8th February at Haddenham Infant School, Woodways, HP17 8DS. Lead by Musical Director, Helen...