By Haddenham Webteam - 23rd October 2015 6:00pm
Pupils and staff at Haddenham Community Infant School have had a wonderful time last week thinking about 'what makes Great Britain so great!'
The week culminated with a 'Royal Day' on Friday 23rd October, with a visit from the school's very own "Royal Queen", Mrs Davies (one of the school's helping ladies).
The children had a fabulous time welcoming their Queen as she arrived by limousine.
A small group of children presented her with flowers whilst the rest of the school waved their flags.
The Royal Queen then judged the royal coin competition. The competition "was incredibly difficult to judge", she commented, "unaccustomed, as I am, to performing such duties!"
She then joined the children for their special Royal Banquet, at lunchtime.
What a wonderful way for the children to finish for their first half term break!
(See lots more photographs of the 'Royal Visit' in the GALLERIES section).
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...