From Bradmoor Farm
S&SC, Woodways Rec.
Tickety Brew cafe
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Residents often express concern over traffic speeds around the village, and some specific roads are a major concern.At the most recent parish council meeting (5th November) it was noted that the Sentinel speed camera has now been repaired. On a recent test run, just to make sure it was working, 81 cars were observed during a 1¼ hour period driving at over 35 mph (in a 30 mph zone) with five...
As you probably know, the Green Dragon pub in Churchway is to be marketed for sale by its current owners, Enterprise Inns.As residents of Haddenham, we are aware that the management of the pub has been erratic for some time now with multiple tenant/managers and prolonged periods of it being closed and unoccupied. It is even more frustrating that we finally have a member of our community in...
On Sunday morning, 11th November 2018, Churches Together in Haddenham hosted a Service of Remembrance in a packed St Mary's Parish Church, on the centenary of the WW1 Armistice.The 100 year commemoration service was led by Revd. Margot Hodson and the address was delivered by Revd. Nadine Rose.Members of local churches provided the readings. The prayers of intersession were led by Gill...