Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Waddesdon Community Centre HP18 0LX
Church End Green
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
There will be a number of opportunities to take a peek at some lovely local gardens this Summer.The first time will be as part of the village fete, which takes place during the afternoon on Saturday 10th June. The details will be in the fete programmeThose kind enough to throw open their gardens to visitors include:Karen and Jon Pawsey at No 4 Flint StreetRos Welch at No. 5 Flint...
The Haddenham Fish Scheme celebrated its 50th Anniversary for all its current and previous volunteers with a tea Party held in the hall at Haddenham Community Infant School on Sunday 28th May.Leaders Jeanne Watt and Alison Green gave the large group of guests a potted history of the Scheme and some of the notable benefits that it has provided to the Haddenham community since its inception in...
Help is needed for our traditional village fete, which takes place on the afternoon of Saturday 10th June! So there are just over two weeks to go and we are looking forward to welcoming you the fete at Church End, Flint Street and on Manor Farm.One of the main aims of the Fete is to raise money for local good causes and organisations. Community events like this rely heavily on adult...