St Mary's Centre
River Trip: leaving HVH at 9.30am
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Wendover Bypass is soon to be re-surfaced with a 'low noise surface' according to Buckinghamshire County Council.Work on the new £1.51 million surface was due to start in the August bank holiday week. However, issues relating to the availability and testing of the specialist material now means contractors will start work from 7.00pm on Friday 20th September. The two-week...
The people of Buckinghamshire are being asked for their views on how the new Buckinghamshire Unitary Council, and its councillors, will work with local communities to improve the lives of residents.In a consultation launched this week, the Shadow Executive — who are working to create the new council — asks for residents, town and parish councils, community groups and other partner...
London's West End Comes to HaddenhamThe Feast Festival's opening day (14th September) brings London's West End into the heart of Haddenham.The day kicks off with something of a coup for the Feast Festival and for Haddenham — a star of the West End hit musical 'Wicked', Alice Fearn, will lead a FREE singing and theatrical workshop for any Haddenham child aged 6-16. ...