Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Your local Junior School needs your help! Firstly, the school team is looking for talented and skilled members of our local community to join our governing board.School GovernorsThe Governing Board at Haddenham Community Junior School is comprised of staff, parents and representatives of the local authority and our community.It is a friendly and hardworking team who work with me, the...
Dr Mark Howcutt has provided the latest update from Haddenham Medical Centre — Monday 20th September 2021Children's flu nose spray vaccineWe know that NHS England has sent letters to some parents asking them to contact their GP practice to book a flu nose spray vaccine for their young children. We are pleased to advise that we have had our first delivery of the children's flu...
On Monday 13th September the Coop stores in Haddenham, Bedgrove, and Walton Court in collaboration presented a £600 Community Donation cheque towards AHS Aylesbury High School's racing and engineering projects.AHS has an e-power racing car team that competes in theregional races including Kop Hill Soap Box this month in Princes Risborough.The students are in the process of...