Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Make no mistake — flu kills. To put the risks into perspective, deaths from the common cold are vanishingly rare. Flu, by contrast, was associated with almost 16,000 deaths in England alone in 2017/8. If you have a cold, you may feel miserable and sniffly but you can usually struggle through. Influenza is very different. You'll usually feel absolutely exhausted, have a very high temperature...
My dear friend and colleague, Jim Robinson, passed away last week. Jim was a member of the editorial advisory group for this website and could always be relied upon to offer wise counsel. He also acted in the background as an advisor to the Haddenham.net Facebook page whenever local issues were being discussed in highly contentious ways...
This year's Cider Competition will be held at the Rising Sun on Saturday 16th March, starting at 7:00pm. It promises to be even bigger than last year's brilliant event as we have made some significant changes. The 'judges' will be those people in the pub who want to be judges. The more the merrier. And, courtesy of Total Tyres, there will be significant prizes to be...