Tickety Brew Café
St Mary's Centre
Throughout most of Haddenham
Wasps at HCIS
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Village Fete — Saturday 8th June, 1.00pm — 4.30pmMake sure you get along to Haddenham Village Fete when it opens at 13.00 on Saturday 8th June as this year the occasion will start in spectacular fashion with a Hurricane Flypast scheduled for 13.10 (weather permitting of course!). This rare and historically important aircraft is one of only 12 Hawker Hurricanes still airworthy...
Christian Aid Week concluded on Saturday 18th May. If anyone has a Christian Aid envelope which wasn't collected, please would you drop it into No. 6 Long FurlongOr to any of the village churches, please. Thank you.Mary...
A number of local gardens will be open to visitors on the day of the traditional village fete once again this year — on Saturday 8th June.This year six gardens will be open, at:16 Church End (David and Angela Truesdale)The Malthouse, 4 Church End (Chris and Mary Wellby)9 Church End (Margaret Walshe)5 Flint Street (Ros Welch)15 Flint Street (Roderick and Cynthia Floud)Manor Farm...