By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here are five ways you can help during the Covid pandemicThe NHS is under immense pressure due to the Covid pandemic.Its fantastic staff going above and beyond to keep us safe, so you may wish to show your thanks in ever more practical ways.While standing outside and cheering for our health workers is a good way to give appreciation, there are other ways to show your support for our...
Zero Carbon Haddenham has teamed up with an installer of PV solar panels in the hope of identifying a group of Haddenham residents who are keen to have solar power for their homes. Once a minimum group size has been extablished, the installation work can be carried out at a significant discount compared with one-off installations.The scheme is called Solar Streets.Solar panels charge...
The members of Kaleidoscope would like to thank the residents of Haddenham and the surrounding villages for their very generous donations to the Sharing Life Trust which enabled them to hand over a cheque for £611.70 to one of their representatives last week. This will enable them to offer support in paying any urgent electricity bills needed by an increasing number of people...