WRR in VH
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 27th November 2013 4:00pm
Transport for Buckinghamshire has recently issued the following reminders and recommendations to reduce the risks and increase drivers' preparedness for driving in freezing winter conditions:
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
Keep the following items in the car:
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
When weather conditions are particularly bad:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Listen to local and national radio for travel and weather information
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
Safer winter driving sessions across Buckinghamshire in the coming month aim to help drivers prepare for winter weather conditions and stay safe on the roads.
The free daytime events, from 11am to 3pm, run by the Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) road safety team, will be offering drivers helpful advice on winter driving and giving out free windscreen scrapers — whoopee-doo!
- Friday 29th November at Eden Centre in High Wycombe.
- Monday 2nd December at Sainsbury's, Taplow.
- Tuesday 3rd December at Waitrose, Beaconsfield.
- Wednesday 11th December at Tesco, Buckingham.
- Tuesday 12th December at Friars Square, Aylesbury.
- Thursday 19th December at Tesco Broadfields, Aylesbury.
Further information is available from the Highways Agency.
For more information call 0845 2302882 or email email@example.com
TfB's news updates are on Twitter: @tfbalerts
For more Haddenham news, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Age Concern is hosting another of its very popular Quiz Nights this Friday evening, 28th September in the village hall starting at 7.30pm. Tickets cost just £5 per head — please bring your own food and drink. The evening will include a 20-minute break so that guests can eat together. As usual there will be a super raffle and the Quiz winners will each get a...
The newly widened and surfaced Green Lane bridleway was officially opened on Sunday afternoon, 23rd September. Thankfully the heavy rain that had drenched Haddenham for the preceding 24 hours had abated and the event was bathed in glorious Autumn sunshine. Given that rainfall, it was all the more impressive that the bridleway was perfectly navigable on foot, bicycle, skateboard or even...
Haddenham Village Society hosted its second Community Fair on Saturday 22nd September, and a very wet afternoon did not deter several hundred visitors from pouring into the village hall to see the stands of over 50 local organisations, clubs, trusts and societies on display.Organisation of this logistically complex event represented several months of dedicated planning and detailed...