Online Service on Youtube
By Thames Valley Police - 28th April 2020 9:45am
Even in these times of Covid lockdown, Thames Valley Police is receiving reports of theft from vehicles in the Haddenham area.
Please reduce your risk of becoming a victim of such crime by following the following guidelines:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car
- Park your car in an attended car park
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle
- Take all your personal possessions with you
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website
- Do not store your car's documents in the car
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts
- Secure your number plates with anti-theft screws
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here are five ways you can help during the Covid pandemicThe NHS is under immense pressure due to the Covid pandemic.Its fantastic staff going above and beyond to keep us safe, so you may wish to show your thanks in ever more practical ways.While standing outside and cheering for our health workers is a good way to give appreciation, there are other ways to show your support for our...
Zero Carbon Haddenham has teamed up with an installer of PV solar panels in the hope of identifying a group of Haddenham residents who are keen to have solar power for their homes. Once a minimum group size has been extablished, the installation work can be carried out at a significant discount compared with one-off installations.The scheme is called Solar Streets.Solar panels charge...
The members of Kaleidoscope would like to thank the residents of Haddenham and the surrounding villages for their very generous donations to the Sharing Life Trust which enabled them to hand over a cheque for £611.70 to one of their representatives last week. This will enable them to offer support in paying any urgent electricity bills needed by an increasing number of people...