By Thames Valley Police - 28th April 2020 9:45am
Even in these times of Covid lockdown, Thames Valley Police is receiving reports of theft from vehicles in the Haddenham area.
Please reduce your risk of becoming a victim of such crime by following the following guidelines:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car
- Park your car in an attended car park
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle
- Take all your personal possessions with you
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website
- Do not store your car's documents in the car
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts
- Secure your number plates with anti-theft screws
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Head Teachers of the three village schools here in Haddenham have published the following briefing to assist parents and guardians in understanding the Covid situation in schools:Dear Parents and CarersWe realise that this half term has not been an easy one for all with all the many systems and protocols that we've all had to manage and the ever changing guidance that everyone has...
Haddenham Community Infant School would like to invite prospective parents to its Virtual Open Day. As Covid restrictions preclude the school being open to visitors at present, a Virtual Open Day tour has been made available to view on the website. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the school office and staff will be happy to help:...
With everything moving so fast I am writing to again update you on how things are in Buckinghamshire, what we are asking people to do to keep us all safe and the campaign we will be running to help keep Buckinghamshire out of the 'High' category for COVID.The situation in BuckinghamshireThis week there is a clear message as unfortunately we are starting to see more hospital...