By Thames Valley Police - 30th July 2019 6:30pm
Overnight on the 28th and 29th July, there have been several thefts from vehicles, in the area of Churchway and Woodways.
If you have any information, or saw or heard any suspicious behaviour which may assist us in our enquiries, please contact police on the non emergency telephone number 101.
To help to try and prevent other thefts and to ensure that your car is not an appealing target for a thief, we are asking you to be extra vigilant and consider your vehicle security.
- When leaving your car, close all windows and ensure your car is locked and secure.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle
- Take all your personal possessions with you
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website
- Do not store your car's documents in the car
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts
For any further information or advice please contact your Local Neighbourhood Team on 101 or see here.
Local Neighbourhood Policing Team
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham resident Dr Philippa Blowfield will be running the Official 40th London Marathon next Sunday, 4th October. Of course, due to Covid restrictions, the event cannot take place in London. So instead 45,000 runners across the world are running the distance in their local communities. You are likely to have spotted Philippa on her many training runs around Haddenham in the last few...
Dennis Vincent, the very longstanding fuel attendant at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, has decided to retire after nearly 30 years' serving fuel to the motorists of Haddenham and the surrounding areas. Dennis has been an outstanding member of the Ivor Miles team and, in all weathers, been at the forefront of the business. Many local residents will recall that, despite his senior years...
The following letter is being distributed to parents and guardians from Public Health England:Dear parents and guardiansThis is an important letter to share some information on how we can work together to make sure we can continue to give children and young people the best education in the safest way possible.One important part of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of pupils, parents and...