Tickety Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 10th December 2015 10:30am
Thames Valley Police have issued a set of reminders, to help residents avoid having their Christmas spoilt by unwelcome visitors.
There are simple steps we can all take to reduce the chances of being affected by crime.
Burglary and theft can have a devastating effect on victims.
By taking a moment to protect our property we can better ensure a happy holiday period.
How to protect your home and belongings this Christmas:
- Make sure Christmas gifts are not on display in vehicles where they are a temptation to thieves.
- Gifts piled together and on show through the house window or under the Christmas tree are easy pickings in the event of a burglary. It is advisable to store them elsewhere if you can.
- Look after your new belongings and dispose of boxes and rubbish discreetly. Leaving boxes outside your home will advertise the new and valuable items to burglars.
- You can property mark your belongings. Visit Immobilise for more information.
- Vacant homes are a temptation to thieves. Ensure your home is secure.
- Ask a friend or neighbour to pop in for a while at intervals and turn on lights or appliances to make the property look occupied. Alternatively invest in a timer switch to make it look as though someone is home.
- Be cautious when using social media and do not advertise that your home is or will be empty when you are away.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
There will be an Aylesbury Vale by-election for a District Councillor to represent Haddenham & Stone on Thursday, 7th March. Haddenham Village Society has organised hustings, at which the candidates will present their case, on Wednesday 27th February in the Haddenham Community Library, commencing at 8.00pm. All four candidates have confirmed their participation; they will make short speeches...
A new introductory four-morning garden design course, studying the key principles of garden design in the acclaimed setting of Turn End house and garden, has been added to the Trust's event programme.It will be led by garden designer Deborah Lewis and held over four mornings ((10.00am-12.30pm) on the following dates: Tuesday 14th MayTuesday 21st MayTuesday 4th June and Tuesday 11th...
Here's the latest communication from the Green Phoenix Team, the group seeking to purchase the Green Dragon on behalf of the Haddenham community.Legal WorkA great deal of work on both the legal and financial side of things is happening behind the scenes. This is clearly vital to move the community project forward. We hope to have some information and documentation to share with you in...