Christchurch Memorial Hall, Thame
Turn End Gardens
Townsend Green Orchard
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Bucks residents urged to give their views on financial plans for next yearResidents in Buckinghamshire are being asked to help the County Council make important budget decisions in a consultation that has launched today, Wednesday 17th October.The annual budget consultation asks people for their views on the Council's financial plans for next year and on areas where spending should be...
An announcement from the Community Library Trustees:It is with sadness that we have to report that Emma Foster, our Library Manager, will not be returning to work, due to illness. On behalf of the Trustees we wish Emma and her family the very best for the future. She has made a significant contribution to Haddenham Community Library and its success over the last six years.In the meantime we...
Thames Water will shortly be laying new pipe connections in Standbridge Road, just south of the junction with Willis Road. This will mean complete road closure at that section for up to five days:from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. The detour will be via Churchway and Aston...