House of Spice
Sports Pavilion, Woodways Rec
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As part of their Eastertide observance, members of local church congregations met together on Good Friday 19th April, under the banner of Churches Together in Haddenham, to participate in a public act of worship and a walk of witness through the village.Beginning with prayers and hymns on Townend Green, the group -- led this year by Rev Margot Hodson on behalf of St Mary's Church --...
The Summer 2019 programme has been announced for Haddenham Screen, our local village cinema club.The season starts on 23rd April with "Stan & Ollie" the story of the later career of Laurel and Hardy. This will be followed by two winners from this year's Oscars — "The Favourite" (Best Actress for Olivia Coleman) and Green Book (three Oscars including Best Film).Do take...
Plans are afoot for Haddenham to host a new, week-long "Peoples' Festival" in September. Called 'The Feast Festival', a wide range of cultural, social and arts events is being planned, to be held every day, in all parts of the village, appealing to all tastes and ages. You can find out more at the Feast's https://www.facebook.com/thefeastfestival/.11(Facebook...