High Street, behind Methodist Church
Conference Room, HVH
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Summerfest — what a fantastic event! Superbly organised by a very dedicated team of volunteers. Thank you to everyone involved. There are lots of photos to enjoy on the Haddenham dotNet Flickr site. (Please don't be put off if you see an overly complicated 'cookies' message — just scroll down to the bottom and click 'Accept All'). Here's the link:...
As part of the Carwithen Music Festival, there is a fascinating exhibition of the life and times of Doreen Cartwithen (born in Haddenham 100 years ago) in the studio of photographer Paul Wilkinson in High Street. It's open TODAY, Sunday 3rd July: 10.30am — 12noon and 3pm — 4.30pm. A steward will be present to act as a helpful guide to the fascinating displays. A "must...
The Carwithen Music Festival began on Friday 1st July — a celebration of Doreen Carwithen's centenary, here in Haddenham, her place of birth.Doreen Carwithen lived in the building in High Street, now owned by Peter and Margaret Aldington and housing the studios of photographer Paul Wilkinson.A blue plaque was unveiled there by Debbie Wiseman OBE, president of the festival and one of the...