Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Haddenham Hopefuls fundraising team has organised a 'Children's Trivia Trail, in aid of the Florence Nightingale Hospice.Says Helen Lewis: "Come along and join us for a lovely walk around our beautiful, spotting landmarks and collection items on your way.£3 for each child participating, this gives them a trail map and pen, scavenger list and a goody bag on...
'Opera Unlocked' will be an evening of celebration for the end of lockdown. It will be a gala of operatic favourites, including famous arias such as Nessun Dorma, O Mio Babbino Caro and many others. Tickets will also include a complimentary glass of fizz and canapés. Subject to news of the end of Covid restrictions, the concert will be held in St Mary's Church, commencing at...
Haddenham Sports & Social Club is a family club, open to everyone.The committee is pleased to announce that the club is re-opening its doors on Friday 11th June following a challenging year due to the necessary restrictions created by the COVID-19 pandemic.The Haddenham Sports & Social Club is the youngest of the current village establishments. It originated in the 1980s when Simon Witney...