By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Interested in discounted solar panels? The Solar Streets project has been extended to Haddenham residents and businesses.Zero Carbon Haddenham are hosting a Solar Streets Q&A session Zoom on Thu 21st Jan 2021, 7.30-8.30pm.To register for the meeting and find out more information, click here: https://solarstreets.co.uk/haddenham.11(https://solarstree...
Buckinghamshire Council has published the following detailed account of the Covid vaccination programme for the countyCovid-19 Vaccination ProgrammeStatus as at Tuesday 12th January 2021Summary of latest informationNumber of residents vaccinated to 12 January 2021: approximately 12,000Two additional GP led vaccination sites will launch this week in Aylesbury and Central Wycombe...
Would you feel able to contribute as a non-clinical volunteer, assisting at the Covid vaccination centre at Stoke Mandeville Stadium? (NB: it is mainly outdoor work and 4.5 hour shifts) Here's how to offer your services:John Burgess, Email: email@example.comBarry Lynch, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01296...