Haddenham Medical Centre
Scout & Guide Centre, Banks Park
Roman Catholic Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 9th September 2013 9:00am
December may still be several months away, but the Friends of St. Mary's Church are planning the first ever Christmas Tree Festival in Haddenham.
These festivals are becoming increasingly popular and the Friends of St Mary's hope to fill the Parish Church with a host of beautifully decorated Christmas trees, displayed by local organisations, businesses, groups or individuals.
They are keen to welcome as many local people to see the displays as possible, and need the support of local organisations and businesses to help them achieve an amazing spectacle!
Here are some of the guidelines they have offered:
- There is no charge for displaying a tree at the Festival
- You may use a real or artificial tree — preferably between 4' and 6' high, decorated in any way you choose. (We suggest that it might be a good opportunity to advertise your existence in the local community by using decorations appropriate to your organisation)
- An electricity supply will be available for each tree, but we ask that flashing or musical lights are not used (or set on static/silent), as these may be distressing to some visitors
- Set up will be on Wednesday 11th December. The trees can be removed after the 100% Christmas evening service on Sunday 15th December, or during the day on Monday 16th December 2013
- Your space must be booked in advance — please see booking form. Space is limited and offered on a first come basis
- There are no prizes for displaying a tree — it is impossible to do this as all the displays are brilliant!
- We will not be charging for admission to the Festival but will be asking visitors for donations towards FOSM (Friends of St Mary's) and another local charity to be agreed.
- The Festival will be open from 10am — 7pm on 12th, 13th and 14th December and from 2pm — 5pm on Sunday 15th. The Festival will be officially opened on Thursday — details to be confirmed later. We hope to have some musical entertainment taking place in the church during the festival. Coffee, teas and cakes and other refreshments will be on sale
The Friends very much hope that you will want to be part of this very enjoyable community project. To reserve your place, please return the completed Booking Form (see download below the image) as soon as possible, to:
Bucks HP17 8DT
Tel: 01844 292215
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Looking for an outdoor activity to enjoy on these bright Autumn days?Here's an option that will appeal to folk of all ages — a village walk with an intellectual challenge!A Treasure Trail has been created by Pam Harding and Myrtle White comprising a circular route around some of the older parts of the village with observational questions that are suitable for all ages. An interesting...
Haddenham Tennis Club is hosting another of its popular October Holiday Tennis Camps for 4-14 year olds from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. Established for many years, these offer excellent value for money from £12 half day and £20 full day, run by popular Club Coach Blaise and his team.The club also offers a full range of weekly coached and drop-in sessions for all ages...
It seems that there will now be two different Brown Bin emptying days, depending on where you live in Haddenham. You will have been allocated to Brown Bin 'Week One' or Brown Bin 'Week Two'. Take a look at the printed schedule that AVDC sent you to determine which one you're in.BROWN BIN — WEEK 1If your card shows that your first brown/garden bin collection date was...