Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Tickety Brew Café
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 13th June 2016 6:00pm
Do you have sons, daughters, relatives or friends currently studying at Uni? You may wish to draw the following to their attention.
Police are warning of a new phishing scam that has hit students of UK universities claiming that the student has been awarded an educational grant by the Department for Education. The email purports to have come from the finance department of the student's university and tricks the recipient into clicking on a link contained in the message to provide personal and banking details.
One victim reported that after submitting their sensitive information (including name, address, date of birth, contact details, telephone provider, bank account details, student ID, National Insurance Number, driving licence number and mother's maiden name), they were taken to a spoofed website which appeared like a genuine website of their bank, where they were asked to type in their online banking login credentials.
- Do not click on any links or open attachments contained within unsolicited emails.
- Do not reply to scam emails or contact the senders in any way.
- If an email appears to have come from a person or organisation you know of but the message is unexpected or unusual, contact them directly via another method to confirm that they sent you the email.
- If you receive an email which asks you to login to an online account via a link provided in the email, instead of clicking on the link, open your browser and go directly to the company's website yourself.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
If you think you may have compromised the safety of your bank details and/or have lost money due to fraudulent misuse of your cards, you should immediately contact your bank, and report it to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040, or visiting the ActionFraud website.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Village Fete — Saturday 8th June, 1.00pm — 4.30pmMake sure you get along to Haddenham Village Fete when it opens at 13.00 on Saturday 8th June as this year the occasion will start in spectacular fashion with a Hurricane Flypast scheduled for 13.10 (weather permitting of course!). This rare and historically important aircraft is one of only 12 Hawker Hurricanes still airworthy...
Christian Aid Week concluded on Saturday 18th May. If anyone has a Christian Aid envelope which wasn't collected, please would you drop it into No. 6 Long FurlongOr to any of the village churches, please. Thank you.Mary...
A number of local gardens will be open to visitors on the day of the traditional village fete once again this year — on Saturday 8th June.This year six gardens will be open, at:16 Church End (David and Angela Truesdale)The Malthouse, 4 Church End (Chris and Mary Wellby)9 Church End (Margaret Walshe)5 Flint Street (Ros Welch)15 Flint Street (Roderick and Cynthia Floud)Manor Farm...