Townsend Green Orchard
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
By Haddenham Webteam - 13th June 2016 6:00pm
Do you have sons, daughters, relatives or friends currently studying at Uni? You may wish to draw the following to their attention.
Police are warning of a new phishing scam that has hit students of UK universities claiming that the student has been awarded an educational grant by the Department for Education. The email purports to have come from the finance department of the student's university and tricks the recipient into clicking on a link contained in the message to provide personal and banking details.
One victim reported that after submitting their sensitive information (including name, address, date of birth, contact details, telephone provider, bank account details, student ID, National Insurance Number, driving licence number and mother's maiden name), they were taken to a spoofed website which appeared like a genuine website of their bank, where they were asked to type in their online banking login credentials.
- Do not click on any links or open attachments contained within unsolicited emails.
- Do not reply to scam emails or contact the senders in any way.
- If an email appears to have come from a person or organisation you know of but the message is unexpected or unusual, contact them directly via another method to confirm that they sent you the email.
- If you receive an email which asks you to login to an online account via a link provided in the email, instead of clicking on the link, open your browser and go directly to the company's website yourself.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
If you think you may have compromised the safety of your bank details and/or have lost money due to fraudulent misuse of your cards, you should immediately contact your bank, and report it to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040, or visiting the ActionFraud website.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Bucks residents urged to give their views on financial plans for next yearResidents in Buckinghamshire are being asked to help the County Council make important budget decisions in a consultation that has launched today, Wednesday 17th October.The annual budget consultation asks people for their views on the Council's financial plans for next year and on areas where spending should be...
An announcement from the Community Library Trustees:It is with sadness that we have to report that Emma Foster, our Library Manager, will not be returning to work, due to illness. On behalf of the Trustees we wish Emma and her family the very best for the future. She has made a significant contribution to Haddenham Community Library and its success over the last six years.In the meantime we...
Thames Water will shortly be laying new pipe connections in Standbridge Road, just south of the junction with Willis Road. This will mean complete road closure at that section for up to five days:from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. The detour will be via Churchway and Aston...