WRR in HVH
Ticket Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 13th June 2016 6:00pm
Do you have sons, daughters, relatives or friends currently studying at Uni? You may wish to draw the following to their attention.
Police are warning of a new phishing scam that has hit students of UK universities claiming that the student has been awarded an educational grant by the Department for Education. The email purports to have come from the finance department of the student's university and tricks the recipient into clicking on a link contained in the message to provide personal and banking details.
One victim reported that after submitting their sensitive information (including name, address, date of birth, contact details, telephone provider, bank account details, student ID, National Insurance Number, driving licence number and mother's maiden name), they were taken to a spoofed website which appeared like a genuine website of their bank, where they were asked to type in their online banking login credentials.
- Do not click on any links or open attachments contained within unsolicited emails.
- Do not reply to scam emails or contact the senders in any way.
- If an email appears to have come from a person or organisation you know of but the message is unexpected or unusual, contact them directly via another method to confirm that they sent you the email.
- If you receive an email which asks you to login to an online account via a link provided in the email, instead of clicking on the link, open your browser and go directly to the company's website yourself.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
If you think you may have compromised the safety of your bank details and/or have lost money due to fraudulent misuse of your cards, you should immediately contact your bank, and report it to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040, or visiting the ActionFraud website.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Do you know there are hundreds of e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and audio books available to read for free if you are a member of the library?Support is now available in Haddenham Community Library to help you to access and read them on your ipad/tablet, mobile phone, or personal computer.Friday mornings between 9.30am and 11.30am starting Friday 7th February.For more information or to...
The Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas.Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre!Most importantly, the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of fundraising for their chosen charities, and their performances...
As part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, Thame Choral Society will be performing Handel's Messiah in April.Ahead of this performance, the choir will be throwing open its doors to singers of all ages and abilities with one of its popular singing workshops. The event will be held on Saturday 8th February at Haddenham Infant School, Woodways, HP17 8DS. Lead by Musical Director, Helen...