St Mary's Centre
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary Club is hosting another of its impressive 'Young Photographer Competitions',Run with support from Paul Wilkinson Photography.The subject theme for 2019 is "CLIMATE" (for all age groups)The competition offers a Prize Total of £400Entries must be delivered by noon 28th August 2019 to:Community Library (Haddenham)Pretty Like Pictures...
Organisers of the Townsend Community Orchard wish to offer special thanks to staff from Cosine (pictured) who joined the orchard work party on Friday 14th June.Good use was made of the new garden tools generously funded by the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust. The orchard group are very pleased that, thanks to the Beer Festivals Trust, people who don't have access to garden tools can now...
The Haddenham Community Support Group for the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity has organised an Open Gardens event on Sunday 23rd June.No less than 12 beautiful gardens will be available for visitors to enjoy, spread in a wide range of locations around the village in:Rudds LaneThame RoadFort EndTownsideThe CroftChurchwayChurch End (x2)Flint Street (x2)Long Walland the...