Church End Green
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Monday 13th September the Coop stores in Haddenham, Bedgrove, and Walton Court in collaboration presented a £600 Community Donation cheque towards AHS Aylesbury High School's racing and engineering projects.AHS has an e-power racing car team that competes in theregional races including Kop Hill Soap Box this month in Princes Risborough.The students are in the process of...
The long-standing tradition of holding a church service in association with the annual feast fair will return this coming weekend.The Churches Together in Haddenham Feast Service will take place on the green outside St Mary's Church on Sunday 19th September at 5.00pmIt will be led by Rev Cassa Masservy.All...
Having rubbish removed? Don't pay cash!Many of us are quite accustomed to paying 'cash-in-hand' to have odd jobs done to the house or in the garden — but if you ever need to have rubbish removed, this is the one time you should never pay cash.Did you know that your rubbish is far more likely to end up fly-tipped if you pay someone cash to remove it? A bona fide waste carrier...