Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Youth FC, a welcoming football club that aims to develop players in a fun and friendly environment, is currently looking for boys to join next season's under-11s team.Whilst the team has a healthy squad size, the move from 7-a-side to 9-a-side has opened up the opportunity for more boys to train and play. All standards are welcome, as long as the boys are able to train and play...
Announcement from the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust:One of the toughest things for the festivals team about having to cancel them is knowing we are not able to raise funds for local good causes. We know that so many, particularly the smaller organisations, who don't have the resources to undertake the complex application process for national grants, rely on us to keep their ventures...
AstraZeneca drop-in clinics at Stoke Mandeville Stadium are taking place on Saturday 19th June.If you are over 40 years and have not yet had a vaccination yet OR over 18 and need a second Astra Zeneca jab OR not a permanent resident over 40 years of age, you can attend a drop-in vaccination clinic at Stoke Mandeville Stadium this Saturday, 19th June, between 9am and 1pm.Please have details...