From Bradmoor Farm
S&SC, Woodways Rec.
Tickety Brew cafe
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Residents often express concern over traffic speeds around the village, and some specific roads are a major concern.At the most recent parish council meeting (5th November) it was noted that the Sentinel speed camera has now been repaired. On a recent test run, just to make sure it was working, 81 cars were observed during a 1¼ hour period driving at over 35 mph (in a 30 mph zone) with five...
As you probably know, the Green Dragon pub in Churchway is to be marketed for sale by its current owners, Enterprise Inns.As residents of Haddenham, we are aware that the management of the pub has been erratic for some time now with multiple tenant/managers and prolonged periods of it being closed and unoccupied. It is even more frustrating that we finally have a member of our community in...
On Sunday morning, 11th November 2018, Churches Together in Haddenham hosted a Service of Remembrance in a packed St Mary's Parish Church, on the centenary of the WW1 Armistice.The 100 year commemoration service was led by Revd. Margot Hodson and the address was delivered by Revd. Nadine Rose.Members of local churches provided the readings. The prayers of intersession were led by Gill...