Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Junior School Playing Field
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here is a list of Christmas services in Haddenham churches:Churches Together in Haddenham Fri 13th Dec 7.00pm Village Carol Service in Village Hall Methodist Church Sun 15th Dec 10.15am JAM service with the Baptist Church Sun 22nd Dec 3.00pm Carol Service, followed by tea and mince pies Wed 25th Dec 9.30am Christmas Day Service with our Baptist friends at..
... by becoming a befriender.We all need a helping hand or listening ear — sometimes more so due to health, isolation or recovery following an operation. Local charity, Connection Support, are looking for volunteer befrienders to support their Prevention Matters clients to build a more fulfilling life in Buckinghamshire.Prevention Matters help adults regain confidence, maintain independence...
Haddenham Community Fair 2020In January 2017 and again in September 2018 Haddenham Village Society organised a Community Fair which provided an opportunity for local groups representing a wide range of activities to 'set out their stalls' for Haddenham villagers, particularly for our many newcomers. The Village Society is very pleased to announce that next February, on 'leap...