Aston Sandford Church
St Mary's Centre
WRR in village hall
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st November 2013 2:00pm
Tough economic times can lead to increases in the rates of theft and burglary. Police are keen to remind householders of some simple measures that can help to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim:
- Keep Doors locked, even when you are in the house
- Keep garden tools locked away to avoid them being used to force a door, or window
- Don't leave out anything that can be used as a climbing aid, either to reach a window or into a neighbour's garden
- Keep hallways clear of valuables like vehicle keys, handbags and laptops where they may be seen
- Use timers and lights to help your property to look occupied from dusk
- Fit PIR-activated security lights that will switch on when approached *
- Consider planting spiny plants to make access to vulnerable areas of your property much more challenging for potential intruders
- Report suspicious activity in neighbour's gardens
* local electricians are listed on our SERVICES page, or in 'Go Local' magazine;
or telephone 01844 290 244.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
About a month ago a situation occurred in Haddenham Village Hall which made me appreciate several things, the most important of which is how precious life is.I and several friends do line dancing classes in the hall on a Thursday night and about an hour into the class two friends went out to the toilet. We were suddenly aware of a call for help. One of the dancers had suddenly collapsed and...
Robyn Thorogood writes...Towersey Morris are holding a Taster Workshop on Monday on 4th November 2019 at 8.00pm. This your chance to have a go at Morris Dancing and see why we enjoy it. To be held in the Three Horseshoes Pub Barn in Towersey.For more information, please email: t...
Chiltern Railways has advised customers travelling on the weekend of the 19th and 20th of October that there will be engineering works taking place between London Marylebone and Bicester.As a result, the line will be closed at various points and all journeys on Chiltern Railways services will be affected.Some late-night trains on Friday 18th October will also be impacted, with the 00:20...