Aston Sandford Church
St Mary's Centre
WRR in village hall
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 7th December 2016 1:00pm
There has been concern expressed in our Share & Chat section that two people are currently sleeping rough here in Haddenham.
AVDC offers help and support to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Here's what they have to say on their website:
Are you homeless or in need of emergency accommodation?
Our homelessness service is an emergency service, and we have a duty to only help those people who meet strict criteria. See our Help with Homelessness leaflet to see if you're eligible for help.
If you're under 18 and having serious problems at home which make it dangerous or impossible to stay there, contact Children and Families at Bucks County Council for help.
If you're a victim of domestic violence, contact Aylesbury Women's Aid on 01296 436827 to find a refuge call 0808 2000 246 for advice; male victims should contact the Men's Advice Line.
What should I do if I'm not eligible for the homelessness service?
- stay with friends or family — it could be a short term solution while you save for a deposit or make other arrangements
- contact your local JobCentrePlus or look at gov.uk to check you're getting all the benefits you're entitled to
- if you're struggling with debt, speak to a debt adviser
- consider whether a hostel or supported accommodation would be appropriate for you
- apply to the Housing Register, Bucks Home Choice or rent privately (read our Help to rent a home leaflet)
- if you're sleeping rough — or you're concerned about someone who is — contact Street Link, who provide access to local services and support
Where else can I find advice?
Shelter can provide advice on housing and homelessness.
In a housing emergency, such as a homelessness situation, you can come to The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Bucks HP19 8FF or call 01296 585168 for an appointment.
For emergency out of office hours, please call 01494 675802.
Further help and support is available — please see downloadable leaflets available here.
Additional Information supplied by a concerned Haddenham resident:
There are two organisations in Aylesbury which can help, assuming of course that those sleeping rough have phone credit or can get to Aylesbury:
1. Aylesbury Homeless Action Group (AHAG), phone number 01296 435026, who can see people by appointment and try to help resolve the situation through their support workers. Email: email@example.com. They do not offer accommodation themselves but work with other agencies. They also have a drop-in called 'The Hub' on Mondays and Wednesdays, 12-2pm, at Walton Hall in Walton Street, adjacent to Holy Trinity Church.
2. Aylesbury Vineyard Church Storehouse can provide warm clothing, sleeping bags and emergency food and is found in Gatehouse Close with drop-in on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am-12noon. Tel: 01296 424440. There is also a free hot lunch there at 12.15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays called 'The Link'. They are not able to provide housing advice. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org