Christchurch Memorial Hall, Thame
Turn End Gardens
Townsend Green Orchard
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Bucks residents urged to give their views on financial plans for next yearResidents in Buckinghamshire are being asked to help the County Council make important budget decisions in a consultation that has launched today, Wednesday 17th October.The annual budget consultation asks people for their views on the Council's financial plans for next year and on areas where spending should be...
An announcement from the Community Library Trustees:It is with sadness that we have to report that Emma Foster, our Library Manager, will not be returning to work, due to illness. On behalf of the Trustees we wish Emma and her family the very best for the future. She has made a significant contribution to Haddenham Community Library and its success over the last six years.In the meantime we...
Thames Water will shortly be laying new pipe connections in Standbridge Road, just south of the junction with Willis Road. This will mean complete road closure at that section for up to five days:from Monday 22nd until Friday 26th October. The detour will be via Churchway and Aston...