Rising Sun pub
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Celebrate the 10th year of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Midnight Walk this yearFlorence Nightingale Hospice Charity's Midnight Walk began in 2010 with 550 ladies walking up to 12 miles and raised £65,000.By 2018 the event had opened up to include men and has become their largest fundraising event. Over the past nine years the walk has raised over £500,000 towards...
Puddleducks Pre-school will be showing two films for children aged under-6 at the Youth and Community Centre, Woodways, this Sunday (16th Dec) from 3.00pm-4.30pm Films on offer are: The Gruffalo's Child and Stick Man.There will also be craft activities, Christmas songs, and popcorn with a drink, which are included in the £3.50 entry fee per child (under-ones go in free). Wear your...
At the request of the President of Diabetes UK, Haddenham resident David Lindsey gave a thirty minute presentation on his work with Tyrefighters Weight Loss Group to the executive and members of Diabetes UK at the Aylesbury Canal Society's headquarters on the 6th December.The presentation covered the progress and development of the Group since its inception nearly five years ago and it...