WRR in HVH
Ticket Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Do you know there are hundreds of e-books, e-magazines, e-newspapers and audio books available to read for free if you are a member of the library?Support is now available in Haddenham Community Library to help you to access and read them on your ipad/tablet, mobile phone, or personal computer.Friday mornings between 9.30am and 11.30am starting Friday 7th February.For more information or to...
The Haddenham Mummers bring a unique form of entertainment to local village events and pubs during the run-up to Christmas.Their folktale performances can't help but bring a smile to the faces of everyone witnessing the distinctive and quirky form of theatre!Most importantly, the Haddenham Mummers achieve remarkable levels of fundraising for their chosen charities, and their performances...
As part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, Thame Choral Society will be performing Handel's Messiah in April.Ahead of this performance, the choir will be throwing open its doors to singers of all ages and abilities with one of its popular singing workshops. The event will be held on Saturday 8th February at Haddenham Infant School, Woodways, HP17 8DS. Lead by Musical Director, Helen...