St Mary's Centre
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham & District Rotary Club is hosting another of its impressive 'Young Photographer Competitions',Run with support from Paul Wilkinson Photography.The subject theme for 2019 is "CLIMATE" (for all age groups)The competition offers a Prize Total of £400Entries must be delivered by noon 28th August 2019 to:Community Library (Haddenham)Pretty Like Pictures...
Organisers of the Townsend Community Orchard wish to offer special thanks to staff from Cosine (pictured) who joined the orchard work party on Friday 14th June.Good use was made of the new garden tools generously funded by the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust. The orchard group are very pleased that, thanks to the Beer Festivals Trust, people who don't have access to garden tools can now...
The Haddenham Community Support Group for the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity has organised an Open Gardens event on Sunday 23rd June.No less than 12 beautiful gardens will be available for visitors to enjoy, spread in a wide range of locations around the village in:Rudds LaneThame RoadFort EndTownsideThe CroftChurchwayChurch End (x2)Flint Street (x2)Long Walland the...