By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are pleased to report that the Aylesbury Vaccination Hub at Stoke Mandeville Stadium has had a very successful start over the weekend. Our team has been active with almost every single doctor and nurse involved in jabbing over the weekend, with great support from our admin team and Ellen Solley, our Practice Manager.Which vaccines are currently available?The Pfizer BioNTech vaccine...
If you are hoping to be early in the queue for a Covid vacination, here is a helpful 'walk-through' video to help you understand the process before you get to the Vaccination Centre.It shows you what to expect when you are booked in for your Covid vaccine at the Stoke Mandceville Stadium and gives an outline of the process from start to finish. You can access it by clicking on this...
Interested in discounted solar panels? The Solar Streets project has been extended to Haddenham residents and businesses.Zero Carbon Haddenham are hosting a Solar Streets Q&A session Zoom on Thu 21st Jan 2021, 7.30-8.30pm.To register for the meeting and find out more information, click here: https://solarstreets.co.uk/haddenham.11(https://solarstree...