Foyer of VH
Towsend Community Orchard
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
It's Palm Sunday tomorrow, 5th April. The Wychert Vale benefice, of which Haddenham is part, has a range of locally created video resources for those adults and children wishing to engage with Holy Week. These include:· A Service of Holy Communion for Palm Sunday· A short reflection on Palms and Palm Sunday by Revd Jonathan Hawkins· 'What About Donkey?' — a story for...
JMW Vicary, the Haddenham pharmacy, has advised that prescription requests will be available to collect in 5 working days from the date of request. The pharmacy is very full now of medicines waiting to be collected so if you did order your prescription over 5 days ago, please collect it from them as soon as possible to help them create some space. Anyone who has requested home delivery will...
Here is the latest update from the new unitary council for Buckinghamshire, dated 02 April 2020Dear Resident,We have now become one new council, Buckinghamshire Council, providing all council services in Buckinghamshire, to all of our residents, as one team.This change has come at an incredibly testing time but I am so proud of how our teams have risen to the challenge. We are working...