Bernard Hall Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In case you missed the outcome of the recent local elections for a Buckinghamshire Councillor to represent the Bernwood contituency (of which Haddenham is a part), Sue Lewin (LibDem) was duly elected. LibDem 1158 39% Green 1030 34% Conservative 723 24% Labour 85 3% (Click on the graphic to view an enlarged...
Summerfest — what a fantastic event! Superbly organised by a very dedicated team of volunteers. Thank you to everyone involved. There are lots of photos to enjoy on the Haddenham dotNet Flickr site. (Please don't be put off if you see an overly complicated 'cookies' message — just scroll down to the bottom and click 'Accept All'). Here's the link:...
As part of the Carwithen Music Festival, there is a fascinating exhibition of the life and times of Doreen Cartwithen (born in Haddenham 100 years ago) in the studio of photographer Paul Wilkinson in High Street. It's open TODAY, Sunday 3rd July: 10.30am — 12noon and 3pm — 4.30pm. A steward will be present to act as a helpful guide to the fascinating displays. A "must...