By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham resident Dr Philippa Blowfield will be running the Official 40th London Marathon next Sunday, 4th October. Of course, due to Covid restrictions, the event cannot take place in London. So instead 45,000 runners across the world are running the distance in their local communities. You are likely to have spotted Philippa on her many training runs around Haddenham in the last few...
Dennis Vincent, the very longstanding fuel attendant at Ivor Miles garage in Churchway, has decided to retire after nearly 30 years' serving fuel to the motorists of Haddenham and the surrounding areas. Dennis has been an outstanding member of the Ivor Miles team and, in all weathers, been at the forefront of the business. Many local residents will recall that, despite his senior years...
The following letter is being distributed to parents and guardians from Public Health England:Dear parents and guardiansThis is an important letter to share some information on how we can work together to make sure we can continue to give children and young people the best education in the safest way possible.One important part of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of pupils, parents and...