From Bradmoor Farm
By Haddenham Webteam - 16th November 2012 5:00pm
An Information Fair was held at the Village Hall on Friday 16th November, providing help and awareness of local services for older people. The fair was organised by Lynn Maddox of AVDC, and attracted a very large group of visitors.
Refreshments in the form of free tea and cakes was kindly provided by volunteers from Haddenham Age Concern
The following organisations were represented at the fair:
- Abbeyfield Home in Haddenham
- Home Library service
- Haddenham & District Prostate Cancer Support Group
- St Johns Ambulance Men's club
- Tax help for older people
- United Sustainable Energy Agency
- Falls Prevention service — NHS
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Library — Haddenham
- Social Care Surgeries
- Social Care Bucks Connect
- Transport for Bucks — road safety over 65
- Calibre audio library
- Citizens Advice Bureau — Thame
- Society of Later Life Advisers
- Primary Care Trust
- Red Cross — Home from Hospital
- Community Impact Bucks community transport
- Age UK Bucks
- Bucks County Council Resilience team
- GPs — Trinity Health
- Bucks County Council welfare benefits advisor
- Healthy Minds
To see photographs, please see our GALLERIES section.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Abbeyfield Residential Care Home for the elderly — do you know we exist?Are you tired of doing your own cooking. Fed up with your own company or are you a friend or relative that has noticed that an elderly person isn't quite themselves or needs a bit of help with their everyday routine. If so, then read on.We are a small 11-bed residential care home on Churchway providing care...
Over the weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November the Haddenham Museum Trust will be marking the opening of the village museum to the public twenty years ago.The event will take place in the Methodist Church in High Street, and will be open from 10.00am to 4.00pm each day. The museum will also be open over the same times each day.The programme for the weekend is shown...
In mid-September developers submitted a revised planning application in respect of land to the west of Churchway, immediately north of Rosemary Lane. The plot is listed as HAD007 on our Neighbourhood Plan.The planning reference is 17/02280/AOP (increased housing to 269, up from 239).You can see the details https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/appl...