Snakemoor Nature Reserve
Aston Sandford Church
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 15th February 2017 12:30pm
Garages and sheds often contain lots of expensive tools, and these can be vulnerable to loss through burglary.
So you may wish to take advantage of a free powertool identity marking service being offered by Thames Valley Police at Haddenham Garden Centre on Saturday 25th February, from 11.00am until 3.00pm.
PCSOs will also be available to offer crime prevention advice and to answer any related questions you may have.
So bring along all your power tools and garden tools to have them uniquely marked as your property.
Thame Valley Police also offer the following general advice to improve the security of your shed and garage:
- Do not leave a garage or garden shed unlocked, especially if it has a connecting door to the house.
- Fit strong padlocks and hardware to shed and garage doors.
- Make sure that the doors are solid enough not to be kicked in.
- Fit locks or bars to windows.
- Lock ladders inside your garage or shed.
- Consider lockable steel boxes or anchor posts fitted to the floor to secure tools and equipment.
- Garden tools and machinery should be permanently marked with your postcode.
- Install a battery or mains-powered shed alarm, available from all good DIY stores at a reasonable price.
- For extra security, replace the screws in external hinges of your shed or garage side-door with 'clutch-head' screws (also known as 'anti-tamper' or 'coffin' screws).
- Secure your wheelie bin to stop an intruder using it to climb on.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
About a month ago a situation occurred in Haddenham Village Hall which made me appreciate several things, the most important of which is how precious life is.I and several friends do line dancing classes in the hall on a Thursday night and about an hour into the class two friends went out to the toilet. We were suddenly aware of a call for help. One of the dancers had suddenly collapsed and...
Robyn Thorogood writes...Towersey Morris are holding a Taster Workshop on Monday on 4th November 2019 at 8.00pm. This your chance to have a go at Morris Dancing and see why we enjoy it. To be held in the Three Horseshoes Pub Barn in Towersey.For more information, please email: t...
Chiltern Railways has advised customers travelling on the weekend of the 19th and 20th of October that there will be engineering works taking place between London Marylebone and Bicester.As a result, the line will be closed at various points and all journeys on Chiltern Railways services will be affected.Some late-night trains on Friday 18th October will also be impacted, with the 00:20...