St Mary's Church
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 15th February 2017 12:30pm
Garages and sheds often contain lots of expensive tools, and these can be vulnerable to loss through burglary.
So you may wish to take advantage of a free powertool identity marking service being offered by Thames Valley Police at Haddenham Garden Centre on Saturday 25th February, from 11.00am until 3.00pm.
PCSOs will also be available to offer crime prevention advice and to answer any related questions you may have.
So bring along all your power tools and garden tools to have them uniquely marked as your property.
Thame Valley Police also offer the following general advice to improve the security of your shed and garage:
- Do not leave a garage or garden shed unlocked, especially if it has a connecting door to the house.
- Fit strong padlocks and hardware to shed and garage doors.
- Make sure that the doors are solid enough not to be kicked in.
- Fit locks or bars to windows.
- Lock ladders inside your garage or shed.
- Consider lockable steel boxes or anchor posts fitted to the floor to secure tools and equipment.
- Garden tools and machinery should be permanently marked with your postcode.
- Install a battery or mains-powered shed alarm, available from all good DIY stores at a reasonable price.
- For extra security, replace the screws in external hinges of your shed or garage side-door with 'clutch-head' screws (also known as 'anti-tamper' or 'coffin' screws).
- Secure your wheelie bin to stop an intruder using it to climb on.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Festive Trail opens tomorrow (Saturday 3rd December) with a Countdown and "Switch On" at 4.30pm. This will take place outside 6 Printers Piece (near Banks Park), which was voted the most popular festive display last year. Neighbours and village residents are all very welcome to come along to watch as the Harding Family's home becomes fully illuminated at 4.30pm. Fiona...
An Allotments Quiz will be taking place on Saturday 7th January, in the village hall.The format is the same as usual -- tables of up to ten people -- £10 per head for quiz + chilli supper -- bring your own drinks and extra snacks.If you would like to come and form a table, please can you let John Wheeler know by Tuesday 3rd January so he can plan for numbers.Contact John on...
Here are the scheduled Christmas activities and Services in Haddenham — please check individual church websites for any changes to the publicised times.Churches Together in Haddenham Fri 9th Dec 7.00pm Village carol service in HVH Sat 17th Dec 10.30am-12noon Carol singing at Haddenham Garden Centre Wed 21st Dec 7.00pm Carols at The Whistler Sat 24th Dec ..