By Haddenham Webteam - 17th September 2013 11:15am
The Rising Sun pub in Haddenham played host to a Charity Quiz Night on Saturday 7th September, raising over £590 pounds for chosen charity, the Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance, the local air ambulance for Buckinghamshire.
With the aid of landlord and lady, Rob and Miranda Cousins, the night was organised for neighbours Alex Gardner & Sarah Williamson, locals to the pub on Thame Road who are preparing to do a sponsored skydive for the TVACAA on 28th September, as part of National Air Ambulance Week 2013.
It was a sell-out night and the event was very well received. As well as prizes for the winning team, entrants and visitors were treated to a disco and a prize raffle, whilst being treated to some good old traditional pub grub!
Sarah Williamson, who is Head of Fundraising for the Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance, said: "We've really been looking forward this is evening for a while. A big, big Thank You to everyone at the Rising Sun for their support on the night. Being a place that is close to home makes it just that little bit more special!"
Monday 23rd September 2013 will mark the start of National Air Ambulance Week, an initiative to raise awareness of the work of air ambulance charities.
If you would like to support Sarah and Alex's fundraising, you can make a donation via their justgiving pages below:
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...