Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Junior School Playing Field
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Hustings — A SketchBy Kevin JohnsonNobody wanted a General Election. We're all tired of politics. Sick of Brexit.Not in Haddenham, apparently.The Hall of Haddenham Community Junior School was full to bursting with voters ready to grill all six candidates standing in the Buckingham constituency. You can watch the full Hustings recording https://www.y...
Here is a list of Christmas services in Haddenham churches:Churches Together in Haddenham Fri 13th Dec 7.00pm Village Carol Service in Village Hall Methodist Church Sun 15th Dec 10.15am JAM service with the Baptist Church Sun 22nd Dec 3.00pm Carol Service, followed by tea and mince pies Wed 25th Dec 9.30am Christmas Day Service with our Baptist friends at..
... by becoming a befriender.We all need a helping hand or listening ear — sometimes more so due to health, isolation or recovery following an operation. Local charity, Connection Support, are looking for volunteer befrienders to support their Prevention Matters clients to build a more fulfilling life in Buckinghamshire.Prevention Matters help adults regain confidence, maintain independence...