By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Puddleducks Pre-school will be showing two films for children aged under-6 at the Youth and Community Centre, Woodways, this Sunday (16th Dec) from 3.00pm-4.30pm Films on offer are: The Gruffalo's Child and Stick Man.There will also be craft activities, Christmas songs, and popcorn with a drink, which are included in the £3.50 entry fee per child (under-ones go in free). Wear your...
At the request of the President of Diabetes UK, Haddenham resident David Lindsey gave a thirty minute presentation on his work with Tyrefighters Weight Loss Group to the executive and members of Diabetes UK at the Aylesbury Canal Society's headquarters on the 6th December.The presentation covered the progress and development of the Group since its inception nearly five years ago and it...
This community website contains the published listings for several hundred clubs, societies, organisations and service providers in Haddenham.To maintain Haddenham.net as a major one-stop source for local information, we need to keep our records as up-to-date as we can and it would be an impossible job for the editor without the necessary updates. So we rely upon local organisers, elected...