Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Your local Junior School needs your help! Firstly, the school team is looking for talented and skilled members of our local community to join our governing board.School GovernorsThe Governing Board at Haddenham Community Junior School is comprised of staff, parents and representatives of the local authority and our community.It is a friendly and hardworking team who work with me, the...
Dr Mark Howcutt has provided the latest update from Haddenham Medical Centre — Monday 20th September 2021Children's flu nose spray vaccineWe know that NHS England has sent letters to some parents asking them to contact their GP practice to book a flu nose spray vaccine for their young children. We are pleased to advise that we have had our first delivery of the children's flu...
On Monday 13th September the Coop stores in Haddenham, Bedgrove, and Walton Court in collaboration presented a £600 Community Donation cheque towards AHS Aylesbury High School's racing and engineering projects.AHS has an e-power racing car team that competes in theregional races including Kop Hill Soap Box this month in Princes Risborough.The students are in the process of...