From Bradmoor Farm
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Abbeyfield Residential Care Home for the elderly — do you know we exist?Are you tired of doing your own cooking. Fed up with your own company or are you a friend or relative that has noticed that an elderly person isn't quite themselves or needs a bit of help with their everyday routine. If so, then read on.We are a small 11-bed residential care home on Churchway providing care...
Over the weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November the Haddenham Museum Trust will be marking the opening of the village museum to the public twenty years ago.The event will take place in the Methodist Church in High Street, and will be open from 10.00am to 4.00pm each day. The museum will also be open over the same times each day.The programme for the weekend is shown...
In mid-September developers submitted a revised planning application in respect of land to the west of Churchway, immediately north of Rosemary Lane. The plot is listed as HAD007 on our Neighbourhood Plan.The planning reference is 17/02280/AOP (increased housing to 269, up from 239).You can see the details https://publicaccess.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/online-applications/appl...