Bernard Hall, Cuddington
Tickety Brew Café
St Mary's Centre
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Village Fete — Saturday 8th June, 1.00pm — 4.30pmMake sure you get along to Haddenham Village Fete when it opens at 13.00 on Saturday 8th June as this year the occasion will start in spectacular fashion with a Hurricane Flypast scheduled for 13.10 (weather permitting of course!). This rare and historically important aircraft is one of only 12 Hawker Hurricanes still airworthy...
Christian Aid Week concluded on Saturday 18th May. If anyone has a Christian Aid envelope which wasn't collected, please would you drop it into No. 6 Long FurlongOr to any of the village churches, please. Thank you.Mary...
A number of local gardens will be open to visitors on the day of the traditional village fete once again this year — on Saturday 8th June.This year six gardens will be open, at:16 Church End (David and Angela Truesdale)The Malthouse, 4 Church End (Chris and Mary Wellby)9 Church End (Margaret Walshe)5 Flint Street (Ros Welch)15 Flint Street (Roderick and Cynthia Floud)Manor Farm...