Dinton Parish Church
St Mary's Church
Hartwell Nurseries HP17 8RZ
St Mary's Church
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The 4th Haddenham Festive Trail opens today (Saturday 2nd December) when lights throughout the village will be switched on from 4pm onwards. A big thank you to all those who signed up for this year's Trail, which includes almost 40 displays. The online Trail Map is included on this webpage — see the PDF — plus a List of Displays, which includes details about the name and creator of...
On 20th November 2023, Beryl House, Aged 91, beloved mother, grandmother and great grandmother, sadly passed away at the Mandeville Grange Nursing Home in Aylesbury.Born at Lower Winchendon, Beryl married Wally in 1951 and they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 2001. They lived for a number of years in Aylesbury before moving to Churchway Haddenham in 1982, and then to Willis Road...
Haddenham Youth Football Club (HYFC) is kicking off a new initiative in 2024 to develop a community of referees to help support the local grassroots game for local children. The club is keen to sponsor potential referees through their FA qualification in return for a limited number of free match fees.Refereeing can be a hugely rewarding way of being involved in the game for those ages 15 or...