Foyer of VH
By Haddenham Webteam - 8th February 2016 2:00pm
Safer Internet Day 2016 takes place on Tuesday 9th February inviting everyone to 'Play your part for a better internet'.
Coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre the day is designed to encourage organisations and individuals to get involved in helping to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together in helping to create a better internet.
Get involved to play your part!
Locally there is an online forum hosted by Thames Valley Police -- to register your interest, see here.
For more general information on this important topic, see here.
UK Safer Internet Centre
In addition to coordinating Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
* founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in the UK
* operates the UK's hotline for reporting online criminal content
* develops new educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing
* delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children's workforce
* shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the UK and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.
Haddenham Community Infant School
Our local community infant school is recognising the importance of online safety by including some key activities in lessons this week:
- Lessons in Yr1 and Yr2 based on Internet safety as well as running a 'be safe online' poster competition.
- Using Espresso resources in Year 2 and 'Hector's World' in Year 1 which emphasise Internet safety in children's terms and key points to remember.
- Yr2 children are also going to complete an online safety quiz on the Espresso website after they have watched a video about Internet safety.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
All council car park charges and on-street parking restrictions have been lifted today across Buckinghamshire. The five existing councils have taken the unprecedented step to help support communities, key workers and volunteers during the Coronavirus outbreak.The changes will mean all council car parks across the county will be completely free to use and all parking restrictions lifted. This...
These last few days have been incredibly challenging as we all make major changes to our daily lives to try to slow the spread of the coronavirus. I want to start by thanking everyone for the huge personal sacrifices you are all making to help protect the people in our county in the coming weeks and months.We really are all in this together and I know how strong our communities here in...
The Parish Council has been working with local residents and organisations to establish a centralised community-based support system for Haddenham residents to use in these most difficult and unprecedented times.Stopping the transmission of the virus is our main priority and this should be at the forefront of everyone's daily routines. We need to set processes in place so we can all comply...