Tickety Brew cafe
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 29th July 2014 5:30pm
Looking for things to do this summer? Then look no further, AVDC has a bucketful of ideas to suit all tastes and budgets. Find out more by clicking on the blue text below:
- Let your children's imagination run wild with 5 weeks of fantastic fun for all the family discovering Roald Dahl's wondercrump stories, brilliant Bucks wildlife and making toys. Taking place at the County Museum in Aylesbury every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 29th July to 28th August.
- The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service has a detailed list of fun things to do and places to go right across Bucks this summer.
- The Bucks County Show is a popular day out. This year's event takes place on 28th August at Weedon Park near Aylesbury. Highlights include show jumping, vintage tractors and livestock exhibitions.
- Bouncy castles, face painting, arts and crafts, food tasting and much more can be enjoyed for free at the RAF Family Fun day on 6th August at Oakeshott Centre Airplay Park.
- Cheer on the competitors in this year's Tour of Britain cycling event as it makes its way through Buckinghamshire on 12th September, including some exciting hill climbs in Princes Risborough and Chinnor.
- Our beautiful country parks are offering a range of events and activities including open air cinema and theatre performances. There's also lots of family entertainment including falconry displays, balloon modelling, fire juggling and sword swallowing!
- Don't forget you can travel to many activities and venues by bus and some organisations are offering special deals to families who travel by bus — find out more.
- Don your walking shoes and take part in one of our many Simply Walk strolls. Walks take place all across Bucks and suit all ages and abilities. New walks are added all the time.
- Holidaying abroad this summer? Brush up on your language skills with one of our short courses.
A list of all council events can be found here.
Even more Aylesbury-based events and activities are listed here