St Mary's Centre
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Following the very well attended public meeting held on 10th January, the Green Phoenix Community Interest Company, which is looking to purchase the building on behalf of the local community, has issued the following update.Shares:Having listened to comments at the meeting, subsequent emails, people dropping cheques off at our houses and many chats on the street the overwhelming view has...
Haddenham Medical Centre has a Patient Participation Group (PPG) which seeks to play a significant role in providing helpful feedback and offering practical help and support to the practice, helping to raise standards of care locally and influencing the provision of wider health-related services via the Aylesbury Vale Clinical Commissioning Group...
Turn End Trust, set up to care for the house at Turn End and its listed garden in Haddenham, has announced its programme of events for 2019.The season begins with Inside/Outside — in conversation with Turn End's creator Peter Aldington (Saturday 13th April 2019). Peter, an architect and plantsman, renowned for his ethos of linking building to landscape, house to garden, inside to...