Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
On Tuesday 12th November Haddenham resident and leading economic historian and author, Sir Roderick Floud, will be marking the publication of his book 'An Economic History of the English Garden' with an illustrated talk "Legacies of English Gardens: Lakes, Central Heating and the Shard."The technologies of dam-building, of central heating and of metal and glass buildings all...
Preparations are well underway for the Haddenham Winterfest on 14th December from 12 noon until 6pm. As always, we are looking for volunteers. We will need help to serve Beer, Lager, Cider, Mulled wine, Gin and Soft drinks. We will also need help Setting up on Thursday and Friday and of course, Clearing up on Sunday morning. If you're able to help out for a couple of hours, please...
Stonehill House Residential Care Home (Abbeyfield) in Churchway held the official opening of its new Community Garden on Friday 11th October.Rather like the garden makeover programmes on TV, the project at Abbeyfield owes everything to the charitable efforts and gifts of local companies and volunteers.The aim of the project has been to bridge gaps in society between young and old, business...