By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Awards to winners of the Haddenham and District Rotary 'Young Photographer Competition 2020' were presented at a ceremony on Monday 19th October — for the first time conducted by Zoom online due to Covid restrictions. The theme for this year's competition was "Shadows"Local professional and award winning photographer Paul Wilkinson presented the prizes and provided...
The Head Teachers of the three village schools here in Haddenham have published the following briefing to assist parents and guardians in understanding the Covid situation in schools:Dear Parents and CarersWe realise that this half term has not been an easy one for all with all the many systems and protocols that we've all had to manage and the ever changing guidance that everyone has...
Haddenham Community Infant School would like to invite prospective parents to its Virtual Open Day. As Covid restrictions preclude the school being open to visitors at present, a Virtual Open Day tour has been made available to view on the website. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the school office and staff will be happy to help:...