By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham Safe Walking & Cycling Group has a new Chair. The Group, which celebrated its 21st birthday this year, welcomes Parish Councillor, Alan Thawley, to the job of leading it into a future where walking and cycling become ever more important means of getting around the village. Cynthia Floud, who has retired from chairing the Group after 12 years in the post, is confident that Alan will...
Good news for Pedestrians and Cyclists?We will be safer walking and cycling in Haddenham, when we have all learnt the new Highway Code. National press reports say that 'Changes to the Highway Code, including putting pedestrians at the top of a new "road user hierarchy", have been proposed by the UK transport secretary.The proposed changes, which are due to receive...
The walk-in vaccination clinics at the Guttmann Centre in Stoke Mandeville Stadium have been extended once again — rather than conclude at the end of July they will now continue until 16th August.This means anyone who needs a first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine (people aged 18+) can simply turn up to the centre without booking.Vaccines are available every day from 9.30am to 7pm. Please...