12 Church End
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Safety warnings have been issued as lockdown measures are eased from this weekendBucks Council chiefs have joined calls for the public to take care and prevent the spread of the virus, as lockdown measures as set to be significantly eased tomorrow.From today (Saturday 4th July) Aylesbury Vale's shops, bars, hairdressers and pubs will all be open to the public, with safety measures in...
Haddenham Puddleducks Pre-school Fundraiser — 12th JulyLike many charitable organisations this year our beloved pre-school in the village, Puddleducks, has and continues to suffer financially due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The village events, such as the fete and Beer Festival, have been rightly cancelled but funds raised regularly support this charitable enterprise throughout the...
The Archbishop of Canterbury honours Haddenham resident, Richard FisherThe 2020 Alphege Award for Evangelism and Witness has been awarded to Richard Fisher, Chief Executive of the Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF), based in Abingdon.BRF's chief executive, Richard Fisher, has received a rare personal honour from the Archbishop of Canterbury. The 2020 Alphege...