Bernard Hall, Cuddington
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Please don't ask to address the planning meeting!We have been notified by Bucks Council that the 'Change of Use' application for the Rose & Thistle pub will be considered by Central Buckinghamshire Area Planning Committee at its meeting, starting at 2.30pm on 6th March 2024 in The Oculus at The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF.The agenda is ht...
Sarah & Jade will be trekking for 10 days in Nepal in April. The 70 mile Himalayan route starts and ends in Pokara and includes the Annapurna Base Camp at 4130m. We are covering all our own costs. All donations received will go to Storehouse Food Bank.If you do not worry about the cost of your shopping trolley or how you will pay your utility bills this month, please consider donating via...
Friday 1st March, 7.00pm at the Catholic ChurchThe Christian Women of Palestine are calling us to connect with the land from where Jesus came; where he was born, ministered and died — and from where our faith began and is rooted. Despite living in an area of the world where there is ongoing conflict and the future is uncertain, the women of Palestine are sharing with love a reminder that...