Foyer of VH
Towsend Community Orchard
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
It's Palm Sunday tomorrow, 5th April. The Wychert Vale benefice, of which Haddenham is part, has a range of locally created video resources for those adults and children wishing to engage with Holy Week. These include:· A Service of Holy Communion for Palm Sunday· A short reflection on Palms and Palm Sunday by Revd Jonathan Hawkins· 'What About Donkey?' — a story for...
JMW Vicary, the Haddenham pharmacy, has advised that prescription requests will be available to collect in 5 working days from the date of request. The pharmacy is very full now of medicines waiting to be collected so if you did order your prescription over 5 days ago, please collect it from them as soon as possible to help them create some space. Anyone who has requested home delivery will...
Here is the latest update from the new unitary council for Buckinghamshire, dated 02 April 2020Dear Resident,We have now become one new council, Buckinghamshire Council, providing all council services in Buckinghamshire, to all of our residents, as one team.This change has come at an incredibly testing time but I am so proud of how our teams have risen to the challenge. We are working...