Bernard Hall, Cuddington
St Mary's Centre
Bernard Hall, Cuddington
HStM CE School
By Haddenham Webteam - 18th July 2013 4:30pm
Following closely on the heels of recently announced fare rises, Arriva UK Bus has some better news for local customers — namely a new premium service, Sapphire, on Route 280, the Aylesbury-Oxford service.
Well suited to regular commuters, the new Sapphire buses have:
- Newly trimmed, high back, E-leather seats to offer comfort and additional space.
- Free Wi-Fi (to stay in touch with Haddenham.net !)
- Mains power and USB points, ideal for charging mobile phones and laptops.
- Full-size rear LED destination screens to display passenger information.
- 'Next stop' audio and visual information.
- CCTV for added security
Eleven vehicles, with nearly £400k-worth of refurbished improvements, will be introduced onto Route 280 from this Saturday, 20th July.
In addition to offering a better experience for customers, Arriva claim that the Sapphire service will also provide:
- A reliable service, potentially as frequent as every 20 minutes, seven days a week.
- An enhanced feeling of personal safety, space and comfort.
- Up-to-date information for journeys along the route.
For more information, see here
For route details and a timetable, see here
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Haddenham St Mary's School pupils had a fun time on Friday 16th November — not only dressing up for 'Children in Need' but also learning about Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights. Invited guest for the day was Kalpesh Zalavadiya, who coached the children in the art of Bollywood dancing!DiwaliDiwali is celebrated by millions of Hindus, Sikhs and Jains across the world. It is a...
On Tuesday 20th November our local PCSOs will be in Haddenham Community Library to discuss the various scams that are currently cropping up in our part of Buckinghamshire — including Haddenham. If you have been affected or would like helpful advice on how to deal with these scams, then please call in. Refreshments will be available. The session will start at...
As always in the run-up to Christmas, the Haddenham Mummers will be out-and-about performing their traditional folk play at a number of local locations and venues, raising money for good causes.Here's their schedule for 2018:Saturday 8th December — WinterfestFriday 14th December — Tour of the local villages:Motts Travel are generously supplying a minibus, so the Mummers can offer...