Bradmoor Farm, Rear Car Park
By Haddenham Webteam - 21st May 2015 10:30am
The Great Haddenham Wheelbarrow Race takes place on Saturday 13th June 2015, raising funds for The Finley Newell Mobility and Equipment Fund (see below).
2014 saw a record number of spectators flood into the village to witness what is considered by some to be Haddenham's greatest annual sporting event. Rivalling the London Marathon, FA Cup Final and even the Open Golf Championship in the hearts of the nation, The Haddenham Wheelbarrow race is now a national institution!
And now it's back! Bigger and better than ever. And there are some scores to settle: Will Pamela Anderson dust off her bathing suit just one more time? How many wheelbarrows will Lou and Andy break? Will the banana men slip up again? And how will Robin cope with a broken ankle?
All this and more will unravel during the afternoon of Saturday 13th June. The race starts at 4.00pm.
The action will be exhilarating, the costumes scintillating and the athleticism will probably be a bit disappointing — but you can't have everything.
You too can be part of this global event:
How to enter a wheelbarrow:
- The entry fee for each wheelbarrow is £20.
- Fancy dress is compulsory.
- If you choose to have a drink at each pub — that is included in the entry fee.
- At least one person in each team must be a Haddenham resident.
Please phone either Tim Chowns (0795 8686467) or Alan Lewis (07917822876) to enter and for full details.
How to support:
Wheelbarrows will start to leave the Sports and Social Club in the playing field from 4.00pm and will follow the route on the attached plan.
- Please feel free to line the streets of Haddenham as tens of thousands did last year.
- Or even better, please watch at one of Haddenham's excellent pubs. What better way to spend a sunny afternoon than watching grown men and women ooze blood, sweat and tears while you relax with a refreshing drink at some of the best pubs in the district.
- Either way — please put money in the wheelbarrows as they pass — all the money is going to an extremely worthwhile charity.
We couldn't run an event like this without the continued support from our brilliant Landlords (and Lady):
Ian at The Sports and Social Club
Barbara at The Kings Head
Rob from The Rising Sun
Spas at The Rose and Thistle
Steve at Twist at The Green Dragon
The Finley Newell Mobility and Equipment Fund
Finley lives in Haddenham and has a rare condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) which means he will never crawl or walk.
SMA also affects Finley's arms, hands, head, neck, breathing and swallowing. Please help us raise £15,000 which will go towards a Permobil Koala powerchair so he can whizz around with his friends, and help make his home accessible for him to explore and wreak havoc just like other 2-year-olds.
Some say Haddenham is the best village in the land — let's prove it!