By Haddenham Webteam - 18th December 2013 4:00pm
The Haddenham Darby & Joan Club finished a busy year with their Christmas Party at the Youth & Community Centre on Wednesday 18th December.
An enthusiastic group of local residents were entertained by Penny Heydon and a large gathering of musician friends from Haddenham and local villages, playing together under the name of "The Black Dog Band", who delivered a cheery repertoire of toe-tapping, sing-along music with a traditional folk and country flavour.
The afternoon concluded with a delightful tea party and an opportunity to exchange gifts and Christmas cards.
Next year will see the traditional 'Darby and Joan' name changed to The Sixty Plus Club and the first meeting of the New Year will start in the same vein as 2013 closed — with a party to celebrate the new moniker!
For more information about The Sixty Plus Club please get in contact with Mary Wellby Tel: 290036
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Here's the latest missive from Martin Tett, Leader of Buckinghamshire Council, dated 19th January 2021:The COVID-19 vaccine programme has gathered pace since I last wrote and I wanted to update you on the latest news:Nearly 20,000 Bucks residents have now received their COVID-19 vaccineAll Buckinghamshire residents aged 80 and above will be offered a vaccine appointment through...
Dr Howcutt is doing an excellent job keeping us all up-to-date with the latest Covid Vaccination News. Here's his latest communication, dated Tuesday 19th January 2021:As part of our ongoing efforts to get our patients vaccinated as soon as possible, we are working closely with practices across Buckinghamshire. You may therefore get an invitation to go to another vaccine hub to receive...
Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are calling on residents to recycle small electrical devices and batteries safely in order to prevent fires. This advice follows an incident on Monday morning (18th January) in Padbury where a fire broke out on board one of Buckinghamshire Council's waste vehicles.The cause of the fire, which was quickly responded to by both...